1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2019 | Round 15 | Buriram | Thailand | Oct 4 - 6

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Sep 30, 2019.

1. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Who?....

:D

2. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Not when one needs a walker and the other is at his peak!!! Come now ;) didn't mean to call names either my bad.

Slider82 likes this.
  3. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

So if we put Cam Beaubier and Scott Russel on equal equipment we would know which one was the better all time racer? That is odd, because I would have thought it would only tell you who the best racer is right now.

Dragginass and track wagon like this.
  4. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

How long has Rossi been retired now?

5. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

His results say just over 2 years.

badmoon692008, masshole and Slider82 like this.
  6. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

That’s dumb. In that case, how do you think 20 year old Rossi would have done against 6 year old Marquez?

BigBird likes this.
  7. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

[​IMG]

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

On equal equipment I would give Marquez the nod. Rossi would have a hard time folding himself onto a mini.

BigBird likes this.
  9. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Probably the same as 30 year old Agostini against zygote Rossi.

Slider82, Knotcher and BigBird like this.
  10. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Well, he isn't, but in what way does that prove he is riding as well as he was 10 years ago?

11. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Some food for thought, who says he isn't riding better than he was 10 years ago?

12. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

Am I the only one who thinks it's silly to compare a 40 year old athlete who's in his waning years to a 26 year old in his prime? There are too many ifs, ands, or buts. If Rossi had never got into racing and got into Biaggi's head, then maybe he wins three titles off the bat. If Stoner was born Spanish maybe we're talking about him being the GOAT. If Rossi were 26 now maybe he wouldn't be good enough. Maybe he'd be winning everything. The only thing we can really say is who's the best right now?

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Stop trying to insert rational thought in an emotional argument.

14. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

I know, I know.... But when a man-child such as myself thinks something is childish.... :beer:

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

I agree with except about Stoner. He could have been GOAT but left when he did, which is fine, but he's definitely no GOAT, spanish, english american, doesn't matter. He has 2 chips and a turn. Good on him. but that's about the extent of that.

Bruce likes this.
  16. 600 dbl are

Everyone knows Marquez has been stomping Rossi's dick in the dirt for the last 6 years. Without the speculation there is no fun :D

Besides, if Rossi is as good as his Uccio's says he is he shouldn't have a problem beating a 26 year old :p

Bruce and Slider82 like this.
  17. BigBird

BigBird blah

are we still talking motorcycles? :Poke:

600 dbl are likes this.
  18. 600 dbl are

:crackup:

I'll let metalhead answer :D

BigBird likes this.
  19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Rossi himself has said that he had to change his riding style after Marquez came in to raise his game and be able to compete. As recently as 2 or 3 years ago, he was saying that he was at his best level ever. Marquez was already a multiple champion by then. So yeah, there's a valid comparison.

Slider82 likes this.
  20. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

The point is, we don't have to imagine any such silly scenarios because Marquez and Rossi have been racing each other for many years now. Don't know why you're having such a hard time understanding.