1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2019 | Round 15 | Buriram | Thailand | Oct 4 - 6

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

All the ways are good.

fastfreddie likes this.
  2. BigBird

BigBird blah

doesn't he also like to dive bomb racers in the corner, so you may be onto something

3. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

I think that's more his brother. :crackup:

I think Brad is a little more calculated than Darin.

Quicktoy and BigBird like this.
  4. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Or throw the bank at MM to steal him away from Honda :moon:

5. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

MM is gonna stay with Honda, at least until his GOAT record is achieved. After that he may go shopping for that infamous "other manufacturer" to complete his resume......

6. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Hell, if Dani is still test riding for KTM that could be a good way for him to go. He did pretty alright on a bike that Dani helped develop previously.

7. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

8. Nic

Nic Well-Known Member

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

Damn....didn't realize that the two current versions of GOAT was so similar, and actually VR46 leads in wins, points, fastest lap.

so if we rewind like 20 years, replace MM93 with VR46, it's the same story. The Greatest Rider of our time, etc.

I guess at 8 championships is where it starts to differ

10. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

MM getting in the game 3 years earlier is also a pretty significant factor. If he stays healthy he surely has an upper-hand on padding his numbers based on getting a head-start on father time, not to mention the fact that he seems to have a pretty intense fitness/diet routine.

It's one of the many reasons why some folks insist that Lebron is greater than Jordan based on some stats.........yet you can't deny the fact that Lebron entered the league nearly 3 years younger than Jordan (who skipped his senior year at NC) did and has a lot of new knowledge re: fitness/recovery/nutrition that is almost certainly going to increase his longevity.

MM is getting better, not slowing down, and I have a feeling he is going to obliterate every record along the way.

BigBird likes this.
  11. BigBird

BigBird blah

12. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

While this doesnt change anything, the first two years of MM's career, he spent it on a junk KTM chassis (he was the highest placed KTM in 2008 and 2009 in 125s). In 2009, he was only 1 of 2 KTMs in the field (the other being Cam Beaubier). In 2010 he got on a Derbi and guess what happened next....

13. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Only the uninitiated or biased argue that Lebron > Michael. The majority of them weren't there to bear witness.

Additionally, the NBA was a tougher place to play back then, by a mile. The early 90s to early 2000s were the greatest years.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

15. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

BigBird likes this.
  16. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Is that a picture of Marquez after he lost it that year to Rossi?....

:D

(And why did I just involve myself in this pissy match??!!!!)

The Great One likes this.
  17. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Well they were 1st and 2nd loser to Lorenzo.

BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  18. wac

wac Well-Known Member

Good read,but Talking about MM like he’s old guy already.

19. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Rossi is 40... Marc is 26.... you must be new here... or really dumb.

BigBird likes this.
  20. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

Been around a while and smart enough to know that the best way to compare 2 racers is on the track.:D