1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | Superbikes at Alabama | Barber Motorsports Park | Sep 23-25

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Sep 20, 2022.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Junior also still around.

2. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I think there is a an age restriction, something along 16 years minimum and 50/60 years maximum, it keeps changing , same with the MGP. Apart from that I believe you can race in any class, Junior/Senior etc.

3. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Nobody is saying the rule was an oversight. You don't understand what opinion means apparently. Thinking Wyman and his sponsors should have raced elsewhere is a perfectly valid OPINION.

The kids who didn't win the championship are getting more attention anyway (as they should).

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Any opinion based on factually incorrect information isn't an opinion worth considering. An opinion that is just being pissy because of a class name is just silly foot stomping.

5. Dragginass

People having an opinion different from yours doesn't necessitate them being silly or pissy.

I have kids and I look at things with that purview. With that I think a 28 year old man (who is aging out of the class after multiple tries) looks silly finally winning a championship against kids half his age.

It's a perfectly valid opinion based on how MA markets the class.

KneeDragger_c69 and drop like this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It has nothing to do with the opinion being different, has everything to do with how the opinion is formed, what the opinion is based on.

MA has not remotely marketed the class as only for little children, and therein is the issue with your opinion, you keep saying things like that and they're just not true - all because of your interpretation of the name.

7. Dragginass

Oy Vey.

Nice strawman, but you're the only one using "little childen" in your argument. Riders must be 14 or older and you know that.

MotoAmerica markets the class as their "youngest racers". Thats a fact.

Straight from their website class description:

"MotoAmerica’s entry-level race class, STG Junior Cup is one of the first steps that young motorcycle riders take in pursuing their professional road racing careers. "

But by all means, continue to try to convince me my opinion is "wrong".

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
    KneeDragger_c69 and drop like this.
  8. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

9. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Do you old guys even remember wtf you're arguing about at this point ?

tophyr, MachineR1 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  10. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Let's go back to what @drop said about the BTR class. Spill the beans man!!

jksoft, stk0308 and 5axis like this.
  11. Sudowoodo

Sudowoodo Error 404: Skill not found

I'm just here for the Adam Sandler crossover prospects.

12. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

13. Dragginass

I thought we moved on, but Mongo hit the coffee today and wanted a shot at changing my mind. Didn't work though. I should have just posted this MA description from jump.

[​IMG]

14. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

No dawg in the fight, but why not show the entire screen.... especially the part right below that screenshot that is shown above....

Engine Configurations:
    4-stroke, 1- or 2-cylinder
    45 Horsepower

Minimum Weight:
    302 pounds (Kawasaki Ninja 400 & Yamaha YZF-R3)
    293.2 pounds (KTM RC 390 R)

Rider Age Limit:
    14-28

15. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

i asked in another post, maybe not to you, but at WHAT age does a rider become an "adult" in your eyes? would you look down on a 21 or 22 yr old racing the "junior" class?

is there REALLY that much difference in a 28 yr old and a 21 yr old? (in a year or 3 from being TWICE Cody's age). A 21 yr old is by all legal respects, an adult. Many would say 18.. so, when does a kid stop being a "junior" ? not being pissy, just askin :)

Dragginass likes this.
  16. Dragginass

We all know what the rules and age limits are. Clearly they allow 28 year olds, as Wyman is 28. The class description (and how MA promotes the class) was relevant to the discussion....but we can agree to disagree.

rapidzrx likes this.
  17. Dragginass

I'm just spitballing, but anyone under 20 or under seems like a good fit to the actual description of the class.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  18. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

No worries and I get it, was just curious as to why the entire page wasn't shown.

Dragginass likes this.
  19. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Thank you! Now, I’m just curious, but not enough to look, but if you took all the riders from this year, how many are over 20 in that class.

next I’d see how many racers that would take away from the class.

so maybe the upped the age to increase participation because there are lots of great racers that never rode before age 20

Sudowoodo likes this.
  20. Dragginass

I was curious about that too. I saw one other guy (other than Wyman) who was mid 20s (I think his name was Ricci) but he only raced a few events.