1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | Superbikes at Alabama | Barber Motorsports Park | Sep 23-25

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Sep 20, 2022.

1. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

upload_2022-9-20_9-16-0.png
    LENGTH: 2.38 miles
    POLE: Rider’s right
    STRAIGHT: 1,650 Feet
    DIRECTION: Clockwise

upload_2022-9-20_9-17-7.png

Mini's will be there as well.

I'm hoping that Jake successfully defends his title and reflects the while we might not have a large pool of riders and teams, our best are as good as anyone else.

Dragginass likes this.
  2. Sudowoodo

Sudowoodo Error 404: Skill not found

I'm hoping Jake is successful as well, but I want to see Petrucci and him battle it out for at least a couple laps.

Chand, Shocker and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  3. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

+ 1

4. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

55 Entries for Twins!

Broken down into 2 practice and qualifying groups, by previous times, I think. MA consulted with a few of the fast guys to form the A and B groups.

There's already about 5 no shows on the list, so 50 guys will compete for 36 starting positions. It's ON!

LET'S GET READY TO RUMMMMMBBBBLLLLEE! :crackup:

5. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

6. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

this has to be the least exciting down to the wire championship ever. average margin of victory is 4.404 and the top two have finished 1 - 2 only 3 times out of 18. on a whole this years "excitement" has been off track as opposed to on the track.

Circacee and 5axis like this.
  7. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Forecast looks great for Friday and Saturday. Sunday looks a little iffy. Should be great racing all around though.

henry_carlson likes this.
  8. henry_carlson

https://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/motoamerica-superbike-title-decided-this-weekend:

He's a man clawing his way toward the finish line. A man in serious need of a long Italian vacation. "For sure it has been a tough year for me," Petrucci said. "I am so tired. I feel like Austin was two years ago and I raced the Dakar four years ago and 10 years ago I was racing in MotoGP. I spent two months in the desert and four or five months here in the U.S.A. and I want to go back home."

BigBird likes this.
  9. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I can see him feeling that way.
    The same way some our riders feel home sick when in Europe, he probably feels the same way out here.

BigBird and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  10. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

I can only imagine how hard it must be to him this past year !!! :confused:

rapidzrx likes this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm going to Nelson Ledges instead :D

JBall, Nick_OMC, cav115 and 1 other person like this.
  12. henry_carlson

sure, but to come out and say it before the title deciding races!!!! pazza danillo

BigBird likes this.
  13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

When was the last time an American Superbike championship was exciting?

I’m guessing back during the Mladin-Spies era and unfortunately I missed 99.9% of that era.

However with Beaubier coming back, and the other players we have, it could get good next year.

BigBird, metricdevilmoto and Senna like this.
  14. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

Dude, Sunday is at 30% chance…. that’s not iffy down here…. that’s normal. Translate that to “track may be wet for 10 minutes”….

We’ve done so many days with dire weather predictions at Barber only to be “huh”??????

Chand, Sudowoodo, cav115 and 5 others like this.
  15. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

The Elias-Beaubier years were good, and that wasn't so long ago. Simultaneous sunset of Roger Haydens career made those races good.

BigBird likes this.
  16. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

That’s true, but I wish Elias had a more competitive package. Remember before he showed up the Yosh bikes weren’t doing too well and then suddenly the “Tony” upgrade kicked it up a notch.

17. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

There was also the Duhamel and Hayden era.

Mladin and Yates era...

Was WAY much better back in those days.

Yzasserina and Boman Forklift like this.
  18. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Mladin and Spies. In 07, the championship was one point.

19. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Then Dunlop catered to the Yamahas and designed a tire around Yamaha and the Suzuki's instantly sucked again. As they still do.

20. henry_carlson

I was strictly speaking in terms of MotoAmerica when a title comes down to the last round/race:
    imo 2019 fits that bill - 5 different race winners, 6 races with M.O.V under 1 second, and the average M.O.V was 2.046.
    however the "best closest season" in MA history is 2016 imo - 4 different race winners, 14/18 races with M.O.V under 1 second, 12 of those are .4, and the average M.O.V is 1.3915

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.