1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motoamerica silly season

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Nov 18, 2015.

1. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

You supporting him in any way has now doomed him. Way to go man.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Yup, I hate to say it but I think Lewis will find this a better challenge running with Herrin, Fong, Corti, Knapp, Eslick and company in the SSTK class rather than trying to keep up with Hayes/Cam/Elias/Hayden on the SBKs

cajun636 likes this.
  3. SCR200

SCR200 Active Member

Agreed, this is blessing in disguise for Lewis. Im sure he is super bummed, but I believe dropping to SSTK this year will develop him more as a rider. Personally, Im pumped he is in SSTK now, those battles have just gotten a bit more crazy with him in the mix.

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Was CU running sbk or sstk?

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

6. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

sbk

7. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I thought CU retiring might have meant we heard from Cardenas again, but I guess not.

8. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I haven't been keeping up, but I thought Martin was at the world level this year (WSS)?

9. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

He's back in Columbia. Farming, I heard.

10. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Hate to hear that. Always one of my favorites.

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I wouldn't be surprised to see him back on a CU bike in the future, but right now I'd bet Yosh/Suzuki is still paying Jake Lewis so it was basically an offer CU couldn't refuse.

12. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Recovering from surgeries on an arm problem. Hope to work w him again, soon.

RRP, 418, Peter Hively and 2 others like this.
  13. John29

Any offer can be refused. This was a great deal for everybody.

14. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I'm sittin here by the phone waiting for my offer...

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Unless he's studying in a new agricultural doctorate program, I think he's in Colombia. :)

metricdevilmoto and Rising like this.
  16. John29

I thought you were on your death bed and weren't available. Pretty sure I saw that on FB. Oh well, too late now...

17. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Having spent a portion of my childhood there it always bugs me a bit to see it spelled with a "u". But I completely understand why it happens.
    I also like that the guy from Africa that lives in France is correcting the spelling of a South American country.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Honestly, I don't remember if I knew the difference before filling out an application form for Columbia. :D

metricdevilmoto likes this.
  19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

This is 'merica, it should be spelled however the f@ck we want to spell it. If we want to put a "u" in there, BAM, it should have one! If we want it to start with a K and end it with a Z to make it KolombiaZ because the Mountain Dew guzzlers with buy it, we will.

Why? 'merica!

20. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Haha. Or that. In Colombia. Autocorrect got me! :crackup:

I probably heard wrong or misunderstood. There were loud motorcycles racing at the time. Maybe his family has a farm?