1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motoamerica silly season

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Anyone have a break down of who is riding where and what teams are running which classes?

I haven't read anything.

2. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Just saw that Herrin is in 1000 Superstock and Joe Roberts in Supersport for Meen. That was the only activity I have seen so far.

Gixxer jess likes this.
  3. lightning97

lightning97 Well-Known Member

planning on bringing Max Flinders 888 to SS1000 again this year on the R1.
    tim

throwdown and roy826ex like this.
  4. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

And they are supporting Richie Escalante on the HB Racing bike

5. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Most interesting thing about the Herrin/Roberts deal is that there was absolutely no mention of Yamaha in the press release. I wonder if they are working on securing a deal with a new manufacturer.....

Also, Anthony West is highly interesting in racing in MotoAmerica next year. Read his comments in the RRW article below:

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news...thibault-few-wins-war-at-arroyo-seco-raceway/

6. I was over at the shop a couple times over the last 2 months picking up SS R6 motors and they were building the R1's. Unless they've switched in the last month (anything is possible) I would put my money on Yamaha next year.

7. Chip

Chip Registered

Kyle Wyman - Millennium Technologies R1.

8. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

SS or SB?
    And where's the damn thumbs up smiley?!?!?!?!?!?

Chip likes this.
  9. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

Herrin has posted a few pics on his Instagram riding the R1

TheGrouchyCat likes this.
  10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Don't know if they plan on jumping ship over the winter but Herrin's already been riding a Meen prepped R1 at a few tracks out west already.

https://www.instagram.com/p/-P6hG6SPDi/

https://www.instagram.com/p/99C9-wp3cv/

11. The Great One

I was hoping that they'd be bringing Kawasaki or Ducati back into the game but I guess more Yamaha's on the grid will just have to do! Lol

Feel free to copy/paste/expand as more rider announcements come out. The STK600 guys are just way to hard to keep track of so I'm not listing them:

MotoAmerica Superbike:

Monster Energy/Graves Yamaha - Yamaha R1 - Cameron Beaubier
    Monster Energy/Graves Yamaha - Yamaha R1 - Josh Hayes

Yoshimura Suzuki - Suzuki GSXR-1000 - Roger Hayden
    Yoshimura Suzuki - Suzuki GSXR-1000 - Jake Lewis

MotoAmerica Superstock 1000:

Meen Motorsports - Yamaha R1 - Josh Herrin

Millenium Technologies/KWR - Yamaha R1 - Kyle Beiber

Thrashed Bike Racing - Yamaha R1 - Max Flinders

MotoAmerica Supersport:

Meen Motorsports - Yamaha R6 - Joe Roberts

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Are Graves and Yoshimura confirmed? I haven't even seen that yet and hope I just missed it. :)

13. The Great One

Yosh riders were both on two year deals for 15 and 16, unless something changed there.

I'm reading between the lines with the Graves guys. Something about "I'm taking that #1 plate back next year" from Hayes and comments from Cam about defending his title if he didn't get the WSBK ride and racing at Miller again next year on his Instagram.

14. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

Based on a recent interview I heard with Gagne it sounds like he will be back with Road Race Factory on an R1. Not sure if SSTK or SBK though…

15. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

16. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

No trannies are confirmed as of this time. Maybe Cretu will bring a ringer back from Macau

17. Perhaps they are riding Yamaha's, but maybe they aren't getting real support from Yamaha?

There has been more than one R6 racing at Daytona in recent years without a single Yamaha badge/decal on it. They chose the R6 because it was/is the best platform, but they weren't getting Yamaha support...so they didn't advertise for Yamaha.

I wonder if it is something like that. Maybe they chose the R1 because it is the best Liter bike (aside from the Panigale :D) and gives them the best chance to win, but are making a point to not mention/advertise for Yamaha.

Of course I don't know the inner workings of their deal(s), but if they are making a point to NOT mention Yamaha, that could be a possibility.

18. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

That would be neither. It will be the ZX in 16 and the CBR in 17. Those will be the best bikes in liter form :D

19. Haha. :D

I dunno dude. Of course I am biased, but unless it has some silly quirk that I haven't discovered yet, I don't see how anything could be better than this 1299S.

I am not talking about crash-worthiness or parts availability or costs or any of the silly stuff like that. I am just talking about the bike itself (weight, power, brakes, electronics, chassis, etc)

20. Biggboi

Biggboi wera novice #446

I see your in love with your panigale chaotic !