1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motoamerica silly season

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Me too! Although I won't ride :D

2. For sure. I think Jake is where he needs to be (plus got another year, bold assumption by me but assume to sweeten the deal), Team Hammer has a rider to replace one that retired (and hopefully a deal financially lucrative enough to by JU a closet full of hats) and we have another international name on the grid.

3. I'd donate to that gofundme campaign :)

4. 418

418 Expert #59

I thought as a rookie Lewis did a fine job last year. My response to that press release includes a bunch of f-bombs. Not even gonna say what I think cause it'l end up being another 30 pages...

TLR67 likes this.
  5. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I will support Jake no matter what he rides... It will be nice to see him on the SS and beat half the Superbikes and possibly all of them..... JU you made a great choice for sure... But just a heads up.... You have the craziest fan base now ever... We will all be at the Podium soon...

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
    Steady T and roy826ex like this.
  6. I think he did fine as well but not good. I think Sstk is where he should have been and show what you can do there. That fields pretty tough this year. Time will tell and I'm hoping for the best because I really like Jake.

7. 418

418 Expert #59

I tried finding Jake's results from last year to counter the argument but once again the MA website sucks.

I don't think he bombed last year or anything. He certinaly did better than cherrypicker Elias did in WSBK last couple of years.

BOOM! 30 pages baby!

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Why? Nothing you said was controversial.

I think Jake did pretty freakin' good last year but was in a bit over his head. A year or two on a JU 1000 (if there had been one) would have done him much better.

I still point the finger right at DMG for f@ckin' the series up so bad that most of the young riders are chasing their tails right now. To unf@ck their f@ck up is going to take time and a lot of cash.

helicopter99 likes this.
  9. Did you even read that? I didn't say he bombed but by no means was he a standout. Those are just the facts. I think he needs more time with a good team which he is getting. Take it easy there cowboy.

10. 418

418 Expert #59

I didn't say you said that he bombed. In not sure what "fine but not good" means though. Highly suspect choice of wording there good sir. That's why I was trying to look up results. Didn't he podium once or twice?

11. Yes but was never really in it all year. He will get there but by no means is there now.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hey, if nothing else, Elias has forced Pork Chop to step it up.

I always thought that was a weird choice for a lead rider but he's riding better and harder in 2016.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
    418 likes this.
  13. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Lewis had 5 Podiums and really carried the flag for Yosh in the beginning of 15.. I saw 4 of the podiums and was proud as Hell of him... Shit 4 th in the chapionship... Rookie of the year and first year on a Superbike... a Yoshimura bad ass motherfucking bike at that.... Go Snake...

roy826ex, Steady T and 418 like this.
  14. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Agreed.

Along the same lines, methinks adding Elias to the mix, full time, is good for a series aimed at developing/exporting talent.

Metalhead likes this.
  15. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

It's a short term/long term solution.

Short term: Take advantage of Elias' speed and results (and the fact the Rog has stepped up his game) in hopes of bringing the MA Superbike title back to Yoshimura Suzuki.

Long Term: Jake gets the rest of the season to recoup from his injury, battle for wins on a (somewhat) familiar bike, and return to the Yosh SBK in 2017 w/a fresh contract in his back pocket.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  16. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Are the rumors about Blake young true?

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What are they?

18. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Yes....his 'Wisconsin' is, in fact, fake.

Sorry to fuck up your Saturday, dude.