1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motoamerica silly season

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Nov 18, 2015.

1. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see you there Jim!

2. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

shakazulu12 likes this.
  3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Did that Rapid Transit team want to shift their focus and have 2 1000's out there rather than a 1000 and 600? I wonder if that's part of the reason Stumpy had to go (as crappy as that is).

4. 418

418 Expert #59

So is rabid transit team the same team that ran aprillia last year? I'm trying to find out who they are. Cause that would explain all the drama considering the Dominguez debacle.

5. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

What is Rabid Transit?
    I searched it when I saw Brandon's press release but searches kept coming back Rapid Transit. Like I made a typo.

Ride safe,
    AAron

6. gpstar748

No

7. gpstar748

No, two different teams. HSBK Aprilia is still in MotoAmerica this season with Corti...

418 likes this.
  8. The Great One

I'm a bit confused as well and I hope Brandon will chime in and let us know. The fact that the big bikes get all of the TV time would make sense why they switched to running two 1000cc bikes instead of running a 600, but that is just pure speculation on my part.

Also, how was RSRacecraft linked to the Aprilia HSBK effort last year?

So many unanswered questions lol

9. The Great One

How were the guys from your current team linked to Shez professionally last year?

10. gpstar748

It is the name of the team! ;)
    It is a business name from the team owner from a shop he used to own to my knowledge.

11. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Ronnie Saner (RSRacecraft) was the crew chief on the HSBK team last year and has worked with Dominguez since he was on that 675R several years back in Supersport. Worked with Latus racing before and a couple other teams as well. HSBK brought in someone else this year and now he's working with Rapid Transit.

12. The Great One

Got it. Thank you sir!

13. gpstar748

Shakazulu is spot on!

14. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

except for the whole rapid vs rabit transit thing :D

shakazulu12 likes this.
  15. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Funny thing is his shop is across the street from my uncle's house and I've never actually met him. I've sure heard him on the dyno a time or ten though!

16. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Finally, something to take the focus of Honda East being on anything but a Honda!

DucatiBomber likes this.
  17. gpstar748

Yea, seriously Eddie...what's up with that? ;)

18. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Is there live timing for the tests?

Don't see it anywhere..

19. BigBird

BigBird blah

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That does not suck, nope. Well, other than CU retiring but I support his decision (if that means anything) and think he's one hell of a team manager.