1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica / Road America

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, May 8, 2020.

1. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Glad you chimed in, miss seeing your boy out there.

khill likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

FIM rulebook or MA rulebook? They are not the same.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I doubt that is why it was suggested he not bother - I have talked many people out of protesting when I knew going in they'd lose. No need to have them piss away their money when they don't have a viable protest. Of course a number of them have taken it the same way as Stefano has when that wasn't remotely the reason I said they shouldn't do it.

turbulence and Boman Forklift like this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There is no one at MA changing the rules based on who anyone is. It doesn't happen sorry. They also publicize any rule changes or clarifications to every competitor via bulletins all year long.

What has been posted is not the rules. It is the posters interpretation.

turbulence likes this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The rules change, past years are not this year. New bikes get added all the time and as a series grows with new classes and learns more about running things, rider eligibility rules change as well. Everyone going back too the past to bitch about the current is being a bit silly.

turbulence likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

7. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

[QUOT
    MA rule book just refers the reader to FIM homologation Superstock 1000 rules.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's starting to sound like normal rider bitching. I am positive PJ meets the requirements as they are written now. They wouldn't change the rules just for him, they wouldn't make an exception just for him. As much as I love the Celtic guys and PJ, they don't have that kind of pull even if MA were the types to allow shenanigans which they aren't.

Scott S. and turbulence like this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah they do, then specifically mention the V4R in the 1k rules, I don't have the time today to go read the full FIM rules or hunt down any homologation updates but it'd be interesting to find out more.

10. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I screenshotted from the updated 2020 list. It's attached. No V4R for superstock 1000.

Attached Files:

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What does any of that have to do with MotoAmerica and their licensing rules? We let Ben Spies and Kevin Schwantz run an endurance race after they'd both won multiple championships...

12. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I didn't know that, thanks for sharing.

13. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Yeah, there's the rub and the confusion. It's like somebody missed putting in an asterisk for the V4R being specifically allowed.

The very first line in the 2020 MA Stock 1000 technical regulations specifically state the following: Stock 1000 motorcycles require a Superstock Stock 1000 FIM homologation (screenshotted).

If you go to 2020 FIM homologation, the V4R isn't listed for Superstock 1000, ONLY for Superbike.

BUT, lower down in the MA Stock 1000 rulebook, they have specific clauses for the V4 R.

https://americanmotorcyclist.com/wp...0-MotoAmerica-Regulations-v1.3.20-Final-1.pdf

upload_2020-6-3_13-3-54.png
    upload_2020-6-3_13-8-8.png

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bryce no longer meets the criteria to hold an SS license, PJ does.

Who and when exactly were the told that?

Sorry but that is bullshit. Everyone campaigns for rules that give them an advantage, that is normal at every single level of racing. I get it from riders at all levels all the time. The competitor bulletins are sent out to all riders and teams all the time. Yes I'm sure at times one person asks a question when others aren't around to hear the answer and they get mad they didn't ask the question themselves. Also happens all the time at all levels. Sucks the officials are human and not able to broadcast everything to everyone every moment of the day but it is what it is.

I have seen pro racing done with special interests. I've seen it handled extremely badly. Hell, I actually don't like a number of things MA has done because they directly hurt WERA. But to say they're not running the races equally for everyone and the like - I haven't seen it happen. I have seen and heard disgruntled racers but that is normal, when you look into their complaints I have yet to see anything backing them up other than they don't like the rules as written right now.

83BSA and henry_carlson like this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's the most recent I found as well but not sure it is the absolute most recent. The FIM updates things all year long.

16. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

What I'm trying to find but can't right now is some sort of clause in the MA rulebook that gives the Technical Director complete discretion to change the rules as he sees fit. Usually you see those kinds of disclaimers in rulebooks somewhere.

17. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

18. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

If anyone's curious as to the specifics of the timeline for when Mesa could file a protest regarding the V4's eligibility, here is what I found.

upload_2020-6-3_13-26-3.png

19. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

Holy shit... I didn’t think I needed to throw the /s tag on that post, but apparently I did.....

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We have god clauses but they're at a higher level than head tech - even when we had a national head tech person. I'd expect theirs to be the same - although they may not have any with the corporate setup for appeals and such.