1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | Pittsburgh | AUG 07 - 09

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Aug 4, 2020.

1. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Nasty pileup on the first lap. Dominic ran off track and as he was making he was back to the race surface, tipped over in the grass and catapulted the bike into a pack of riders. He landed back in the middle of the track and got hit by another rider in the back. One of the scariest, if not the scariest crashes I’ve seen this year. Obviously immediate red flag. Luckily everybody walked away under their own power.

noles19 likes this.
  2. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Thanks!
    Glad everyone is good

3. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

He did start but crashed on first lap. It was pretty ugly because he ran off, then ended up back on the track and got hit in the back by another bike. He seemed to be OK for the most part but wasn't able to restart.

noles19 likes this.
  4. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

I wonder if Herrin's clip on just came loose? I have a hard time thinking it just broke off. Might explain why he slowed down before running off if it was twisting in the clamp.

5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

At Pitt race and the amount you throw the bike side to side I could see it breaking. I've heard of people breaking clip ons a few times recently

6. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Roger Hayden continues to improve and develop as a commentator. I’m liking him more and more all the time.

I really appreciated his responses when Floyd asked about the HSBK guest ride and Jake Lewis. Well done.

kirk erlinger and turbulence like this.
  7. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I agree. I also think Hanna has been doing a great job. She is constantly making concise, informative comments and questions.

RRP likes this.
  8. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I think they should put RH and Hanna in the booth and tell Floyd to take the train.

sbk1198, javyday, turbulence and 3 others like this.
  9. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I don’t know. I think Hanna is awesome in her current role and really thrives there. I wouldn’t mind it though. But hell, roger just talking to himself in the booth would be better than current situation.

colin96, RRP, sbk1198 and 1 other person like this.
  10. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Just watched the Junior cup-that was a bit sketchy at the finish line by Rodio..

badmoon692008 likes this.
  11. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Floyd was brought in last minute because of Dylan Grey's visa issues. He knew very little about the sport- in Parc Ferme after Qualifying he asked me a very basic motorcycle question about my bike, he said he was trying to learn the lingo as he came from another motorsports world. This was at Road Atlanta last season.

My one criticism is that it's been 2 seasons and he apparently hasn't learned much about the various riders- that would help him with the color commentary every time another bike shows up on screen during the various sessions. For example, Dylan Grey emailed me before the 2019 season and asked me a bio about myself. When I ran into him in Daytona that October, he had flashcards and stuff and was memorizing stuff about the riders. I was curious why he would want to know about me riding around towards the back, but he felt it would make the story better if he had a few words to say when you showed up on screen.

rcarson15, 418 and YamahaRick like this.
  12. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

How come no 22lb penalty for the Kawi 636 ?

Skter505 and sbk1198 like this.
  13. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

I notice they switched to Brembo rotors for this weekend versus the Beringers they were running at Atlanta, so I am still not sure what the issue is. Maybe Cam rides the front brake more than Dumas.

kirk erlinger likes this.
  14. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

I had forgotten about that. I wonder if they were going to have Dylan come over for this season, but the pandemic hit, so they had to fall back on Floyd.

15. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

This coverage is really irritating. @fastfreddie just asked me if we were watching Robot Chicken lolol.

henry_carlson likes this.
  16. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Because it's not the only one on the grid and everyone else on it is way slower....at least that's my guess lol

17. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Scary stuff again in JR cup. Hope rider is OK.

18. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Did Doyle just thank and talk about the wrong suit manufacturer? He said something about Bison suits but he's got a Plus suit on? lol

Also Isaiah is making Sam Lowes and Cal Crutchlow look like safe responsible racers. I like the kid's spirit but he needs to learn to keep in on the track. Dude crashes every weekend, often times more than once.

19. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

I think its because its not a new bike. The thing has been around for years. In stock 1ooo, I believe and please let me know if I am wrong, the Duc is new and MotoAmerica dropped the ball with Covid going on

20. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

This having to refresh the feed every half a lap is getting old, I've never had this many problems with the streaming as I am today. Watching the SB race on Fox instead.

henry_carlson likes this.