1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | Pittsburgh | AUG 07 - 09

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Aug 4, 2020.

1. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

The piece that aired yesterday for the kids was well done.

On the recap of the weekend notes, none of it sounds all that out of the ordinary at a big event like that. I'm sure MA will work those kinks out.

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  2. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Any way to watch that now?

3. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Not sure off hand Matt. Can probably contact MA and find out.

Looks like you guys/Ian had a good pit setup from the photos I saw on FB. Good luck as things progress.

4. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

The inside Motoamerica show gets added to the Live+ stream. I don’t see the Pitt Race episode there yet, but the earlier ones are there.

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  5. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Thanks. I need to get in touch with you about some things.

6. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

Whoever set up the web page didn’t plan on having THAT many separate videos from one event.
    IMO there should be “Practice”, “Qualifying” and “Races” to allow us to watch without a “Spoiler”

Senna likes this.
  7. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

What spoiler is there now? They did well to drop the names from the podium interview videos after one round of doing that and the thumbnails don't show anything of consequence.

8. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

The commentary (Floyd) loves to talk about the other races, which spoils some, IF you do not watch them chronologically...
    They have improved in the “Splash” photo choices ...

9. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

He seems to at least be aware that is an issue as he had made comments about not giving anything away, so there has been some improvement on that front.

badmoon692008 and SundaySocial like this.
  10. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

How would having “Practice”, “Qualifying” and “Races” change that at all?

11. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

It’s MotoAmerica’s series. I just support the teams/riders (parts/tires) and help MotoAmerica as sort of a consultant from the standpoint of helping to setup a spec Ohvale championship.

The MiniCup is definitely not just a sideshow for the fans. It’s proper racing with some insanely talented kids that will be making their way into club racing and MotoAmerica on big bikes as the years go on.

All I’m trying to do with Ohvale is bring more awareness to the sport. We have so many people come up and ask how to get their kids involved when they’ve seen the Ohvale’s in action at MotoAmerica events.

Clubs have always done a fantastic job of providing a place for riders to come up through the ranks. What I’m pushing for doesn’t detract from that. It’s intended to ultimately help the entire industry and sport...including clubs like WERA.

It’s a new series and definitely has some kinks to work out. I’ve been pushing hard for Live+ coverage but it’s not really so simple. They basically need a whole extra set of cameras and then overtime for crew to shoot the MiniCup events. It’s a huge cost and investment for the first season so I understand them taking it one step at a time. I am hopeful we’ll have race coverage next season though!