1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | Pittsburgh | AUG 07 - 09

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

I think this is all just speculation and the answer is "who knows".

Toni smoked Josh last year and lest we forget, Toni lost the championship in the last race of the season. Though he lost it before that when performance really seemed to degrade around Pitt last year. NJMP and Barber were a bit sad to watch for him. His performance may be degrading some due to age, but age doesn't cause the bike to be in a "controlled" tank slapper on the run from the kink to Canada Corner at RAm every lap. Yosh threw everything but the kitchen sink at the bike at the end of last year and it sounds like M4 is doing the same, with talk of several shock changes at races this year. I know some on here claim differently, but the two riders plus RH and others in the know said they really only had 1 dry test on those bikes besides the wet test at Barber before the season started, so there really wasn't any development during the offseason, and what was, was abbreviated compared to Attack / ME Yamaha.

Josh has been under the Stanboli umbrella to some degree, other than Yosh and this year, since he got back into MA after the Moto2 debacle. Stanboli was building the bikes for Meen (with Meen wanting to use their electronics), then Richard made him shine on the house SBK. Josh choked a bit again with Yosh and this year he is fully out on his own, though they seem to be making strides with that bike.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
    henry_carlson likes this.
  2. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

The last couple of laps when he lost the most time we noticed his binge didn't sound right coming out of turn 2 either.

3. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Ya I wouldn't necessarily call 3 days at tally in the dry a true test. That track is its own animal and unlike anything they will really race on. They did learn a couple things but nothing major during their midweek test there. (Not this last week, but a few prior).

Hoffman900 likes this.
  4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

But lack of testing is the teams own fault...
    Toni lives in California so he had the chance to ride just like the monster guys, why didn't m4 have bikes ready to test before the lock down and send one to California?

5. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

What’s up with Live+? Supersport Race 2 is still not up for me.

6. drop

drop Well-Known Member

The acquisition wasn't the easiest..

Hoffman900 likes this.
  7. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

It was weird, I had to go into the Stock1000 Race 2 and then look at the related videos on the bottom of the page to find it.

Senna likes this.
  8. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

The difference between Dylan and Floyd is that Dylan is a professional that takes his job seriously. Floyd is simply a hack that thinks he can show up, talk and that will be sufficient. It isn't. Hanna would do a far superior job - she knows and studies riders and teams and is involved. Whoever placed Floyd needs to unplace him . . . fast. He is simply bad. Roger by himself would be far better - even if he spoke to himself in the third person.

Josh had an almost great ride. With the exception of the hairball move that put him in the grass, it was inspired. Hell, surviving the grass excursion was impressive, but completely unnecessary. They have been working nonstop with that bike, and it appears that they are on the cusp of something really good. Josh gives them feedback and they start changing stuff - it doesn't matter what it is, they're on it. And that is a nonstop effort. It is good to see it paying off.

Another good weekend for Westby. Good to see.

A tough ride for Kyle. That bike really looks loose. No doubt he's riding the wheels off it, but . . . . I wonder if getting it to hookup would make it appear more stable and planted?

Cheers,

Dave

Senna likes this.
  9. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Acquisition as in they are the same bikes from last year and Yoshimura wouldn't give them up?

10. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Data...

Hoffman900 likes this.
  11. Joe Remi

Joe Remi Well-Known Member

Herrin flailing around at Wyman and giving the position back in the process was hilarious.

evakat and Peter Hively like this.
  12. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

Herrin mentioned he and Kyle have a "history"... what happened in the past did I miss?

13. Joe Remi

Joe Remi Well-Known Member

I only know about last week on Instagram. Kyle had said something about "I shouldn't have even been back there with those guys" in one of last weekend's races, then someone mentioned that to Josh. He didn't appreciate it!

Dragginass likes this.
  14. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Nevermind - they have a whole 'nother string for Pittsburgh Day 2. Didn't see it at first. :whoosh:

15. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

I don't know what went on between the two of them, but Kyle gave Josh the finger during the warmup today for crusing on the race line. Then I saw this screen cap pop up on the BrotoGP facebook group. I dont know if Josh or MA deleted his comment from their Instagram post, but I cant seem to find it now.

FB_IMG_1597021897265.jpg

16. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Wow.

17. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Well Josh shouldn't be that far back with those guys either.

18. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Should be at the back.

19. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

I like Josh and Wyman but this is case and point part of why someone of Herrins talent level doesnt have a factory ride.

20. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

BRUH

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020