1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica I GEICO Motorcycle Superbike Speedfest I Laguna Seca - July/8-10

Discussion in 'General' started by motodog650, Jul 6, 2022.

1. 418

418 Expert #59

And then the little guys will complain they get no air time...

And some SSTK guys are already running the SBK race so what's the point?

henry_carlson likes this.
  2. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

The ones running sbk can't compete with attack Yamaha and warhorse. If it was one class all superstock bikes there would be more competition.

MyWayGuy and 418 like this.
  3. 418

418 Expert #59

On a completely unrelated note where are all those people that say the Euros have it that much better over there...

They're only leading the championship...

FB_IMG_1658106086824.jpg

4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

That whole company is a scam pretty much,I don't think they have it better than us but can't base it off rich energy.

5. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

He must be a serial killer in his secret life

Yzasserina likes this.
  6. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

You don’t think BSB is a healthier series than MA? The Brit’s seem to have a much healthier appetite than we do for bike racing.

7. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

So, just so I understand, are you guys saying that if everyone in Superbike and Superstock were running on Superstock bikes, that the top five guys in Superbike would not still be the top five in the newly consolidated SS class? I mean, there’s some real depth of talent in SB— you got a guy who won in MotoGP (and just so you fully grasp his raw talent, he’s also a guy who won a day at the Dakar race the only time he raced off-road), a guy who is now consistently beating him (and just so you fully grasp his raw talent, he’s a guy who also finished in the top 20 in his only national MX race), two more guys who have beaten the MotoGP winner this season, another guy who also ran in MotoGP, and lots of other talented guys. The guys racing in Superstock are very talented too but I’ve got to doubt the top five would change. So other than upending the Motoamerica class structure we share with the World Championships, disrupting the support of the four brands (Yamaha, Ducati, Suzuki, and BMW) that are represented in Superbike, and sending the message the bikes we’d be racing are now nothing special, what would we achieve?

8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

No, what i was trying to say, is sometimes I probably come off as an A-hole on here, although I try to act the same on here as I do in real life.

Good night.

9. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Rob, no worries. Use the beeb to chill out and allow yourself to let your hair down when needed. Never a problem here.

Boman Forklift and Yzasserina like this.
  10. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

based on what? attendance & ticket sales? product or bike sales? coverage?

418 likes this.
  11. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I am with you, pretty sure Gagne would still beat everyone if the rules only allowed for Stock1000.

If anyone is following, Cam Peterson would walk away from the rest of the Stock1000 field a couple years ago, then Jake Lewis did similar last year.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  12. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

yall talking about stock 1000 and superbike. on a note, Stanboli apparently told the the Landers crew to ditch supersport and go straight to stock 1000, and take the cam peterson route to a factory ride.

13. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Phew, not sure he is ready for that.

14. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Social media.

TurboBlew likes this.
  15. 418

418 Expert #59

I don't, I think it's people looking at things from afar thinking that the grass is always green on the other side.

The main title sponsor of the guy that's leading the championship pulled out mid season. People would absolutely slaughter Moto America over that.

For the people saying well it's Rich Energy, the fact that one of the top teams had to stoop down to the level of having to take their money tells you all about how healthy that championship is.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  16. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yes but the little guys aren't getting any, if much airtime now anyway.

17. Boman Forklift

I think stock 1000, “in theory” would be an easier or better class. The only negative I see is some weekends you only get one race. I know Michael Gilbert was doing very well in that class with Kawasaki money and MA money a year or two ago.

18. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

If Rocco was to do that, I am pretty sure he would also do SuperbikeCup, so he gets the two superbike races too, quite a few of the season entry riders are doing that.

19. Boman Forklift

Excellent Point!!! That is very true!!!

I think you can also get into their Premeir package or whatever they call it and you get a great stipend for showing up every race. That’s why these riders, always throw someone on their bike when they get hurt. They have committed to making the rounds, so someone has to pilot the machine.

20. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

You might want to take a closer look.... SB has 4 manufactures involved, however BMW's WSBK package is not ready to compete for titles yet and need luck to get race wins. Suzuki on the other hand is on the why out as far as anyone Suzuki can tell.... They just left MotoGP and EWC, haven't been in WSBK in years, in MA dropped Yoshimura for a more affordable option, and haven't update GSXR1000 in a long time either. This is all to say the Suzuki package won't be winning a SB races or titles either. So now we down to 4 riders and 2 manufactures that can win..... Depth of field I think not.... If we look at the average grid, you have 8 fast SB riders, 8ish fast Stk1k riders, and then a bunch of folks just livin' the dream.

This bring me to the hole point about lower the technical level of SB in MA. Lowering the technical level would in theory lower the cost to compete at the top SB in MA, making it possible for more riders to get noticed and better racing for us. Imo, Superstock is the right level for MA, just keep the electronic as close to WSBK as possible.

Here's Petrucci's view on it:

"Petrucci, runner-up in the 2011 FIM Superstock Cup before joining MotoGP, also felt the bike specification could be lowered to give more riders a chance of victory:

“Another thing we were talking is about is the level of the bikes. They are racing with Superbikes, our bike is a World Superbike machine, like the Yamahas. Then there are the BMWs that are also a good level. But the other bikes are just Superstock.

“So maybe a rider is good, but they don't have the same bike. So we talked and I said, ‘why don't we have like a Stock 1000 championship’ but they want to prepare the riders for racing with a World Superbike machine.

“But going lower with the level of the bikes makes the rider more important."

https://www.crash.net/motogp/featur...motoamerica-move-dakar-tensions-future-ducati

Senna likes this.