1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica I GEICO Motorcycle Superbike Speedfest I Laguna Seca - July/8-10

Discussion in 'General' started by motodog650, Jul 6, 2022.

1. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

With these posts in mind, I think your answer for your racing is a Zero, or something similar?

2. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

God help us all...

3. A. Barrister

So, you are a troll, or an idiot that likes to hear yourself talk.

4. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

Wow a name caller that’s mature!

5. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Well that is definitely the future in my opinion. Just a matter of how fast Clubs / MA accepts them. My company has sponsored race teams in the past. Hmm, starting to think of my pitch :cool:.
    -No vacay charged for racing
    -Entry fee to each event
    -Tires

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

He ain’t wrong. :Poke:

YamahaRick, A. Barrister and GNC like this.
  7. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Two of those posts were from Atlanta and Daytona. Due to the parts shortage (head gaskets especially) several Yamaha teams started out on lower spec engines than they had planned. Pure Attitude (Standish and McDonald) were on stock motors for the first half of the season.

Blowing an exhaust up happens on twins- carbon cans and power pulses don't get along well. I have nice blown apart Yosh and M4 cans to prove it! Repacking them more often would help but I hate drilling stainless rivets.

I feel like I've said all this stuff already, but...

The transmission is definitely a street bike transmission. It's clunky and requires a very positive shift from 3-4-5, 4th being the worst. You can still race on a stock transmission. I bet half of the problems people have are improperly set up linkages and quickshifters. It is sensitive to that.

When someone breaks an engine, my first question is who tuned it? Even at this level, you would be surprised how many people spend $8K on an engine build and then get a map from a buddy or a flashed ECU from somewhere that never put the bike on the dyno. We're careful with tuning, welding bungs in both headers so one cylinder doesn't go lean and melt a piston, etc. MGP needs to run a little richer than most fuels, too.

I hope I don't jinx myself here, but I have one of the strongest Yamahas out there and we have done nothing but oil changes since Laguna 2019. I don't usually rev it past 10K (It makes power up there but the torque peak is a little lower so it seems to jump forward when I shift at 10) and I'm nice to it on downshifts.

When you're running lap record pace, it tends to be harder on engines, so take my experience with a grain of salt. That being said Kaleb's bike was pretty reliable, and that's with him beating the snot out of it. We have the data to prove it!

backbone, Triple X, cav115 and 3 others like this.
  8. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

I get it he goes on and on and makes zero sense at times

YamahaRick likes this.
  9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You forgot a word. :D

A. Barrister likes this.
  10. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Every group needs guys like him. Otherwise, we'd be attacking each other like teenage girls!

Unlike teenagers, nobody here has bad intentions......

GNC likes this.
  11. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

I'll never figure out why people take the beebs so serious.

Guaranteed most would not know me IRL from my personality here other than Mongo.

When / if we start making MA rounds we will be looking a few of you up. :beer:

I'm at a point in my life that I have no tolerance for filthy personal attacks.

G97 / Bowman have the fine art of proper stirring the pot, but with class. :crackup:

12. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

i feel so bad for Dom Doyle. Since Daytona 2020 he has been cursed.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They're yummy.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Because people act on here like they truly are - and that absolutely includes you.

15. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Well I’m actually probably nicer in real life, I think? Although I could be delusional. :D

Im a goofball that for some reason likes to help people and it occasionally bites me.

I just hired a new mechanic that recently got out of prison and unfortunately has tats on his neck and face. But I want to give him a shot, and his dad works for me, so that should help?

Anyway, I’m thinking of selling him one of my parts trucks. on payments, so he doesn’t have to take the bus to work. I spoke to his dad, whom I have helped on many things, and he is for it too, but thinks we should watch his son for a bit longer and make sure he is on the up and up.

Pretty cool that the dad loves being here enough that he wants to protect me as well as his own child. He has worked for me since I bought the place in 05, other than a short stint in the big house.

The guy is now an amazing God loving person, he said finding God in church changed his life and made him a good person versus what he was?

I don’t know, but it seems to work for him.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
    Gino230, cav115, G 97 and 1 other person like this.
  16. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I was only speaking from my perspective when I started watching MA. The racing was awesome back in 2017 or 2018. Elias on the Yosh bike battling it out with the factory Yamahas and Herrin on the Attack bike was great racing. It was my favorite series in those days.

When Yosh left, Superbikes kinda fizzled out as it became the Beaubier show, and then the Gagne show. The series hasn't been great to watch at the top level since then.

I get that the series has to make changes with the factories leaving.

Boman Forklift and FastByKids like this.
  17. A. Barrister

Stop making personal attacks on Sybil. Else, you find yourself blocked. I mean, why block someone if the beebs are just for fun, right?

I don't know why people take the beebs so serious...lol.

G 97 likes this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bullshit, you're just as nice on here all the time too. Sorry :D

That is truly cool. I love his dad being realistic.

cav115, YamahaRick and Boman Forklift like this.
  19. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

did we talk about HSBK filing protest that Cameron cut the corner when he got bumped by Petrux? Protest lost btw lol

MyWayGuy and henry_carlson like this.
  20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So, who are you saying needs Jesus? Mongo or FBK? :confused: