1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica I GEICO Motorcycle Superbike Speedfest I Laguna Seca - July/8-10

Discussion in 'General' started by motodog650, Jul 6, 2022.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I'm far from perfect, but just doing that makes everything else so much easier.

Yesterday I got a referral from another forklift company. Customer was looking for a rental reach truck. I have them. He wanted it for a month and my price is $1250 plus round trip delivery which would have been another $400 all profit. I asked him why he needed it? He had ordered a battery from Crown...they are a big manufacturer and they have company owned stores all over the United States and Crown makes excellent forklifts. They have strung him along for over a month and told him it will be at least another month before they can fill the order.

I then asked what size battery? He gave me the size and I just received a brand new one of those last week for one of my rentals. I told him it is better for him if I just sell him this battery, but then he would have to cancel the other order for a battery, what would he like to do? I also told him I will make probably 1/2 selling you a battery, versus renting you a truck since there is no money in batteries, too much competition. However then you don't have to pay a rental fee and round trip transportation, have your drivers learn another truck, etc. Plus you have to buy a battery anyway, so in reality you really save.

He called me back a few hours later and it was approved, so I delivered and installed a new battery for him between 5-6pm. When I was there, he pointed at an older but nice Taylor Dunn stock chaser cart and said, "it works, just no batteries, we want it gone, do you want it?"

Yea baby!! I have no idea what it is worth, but hopefully I can sell it to somebody and once again doing the right thing for my customers, versus just looking at the $$$ paid off.

ungwaha, R1Racer99, Senna and 8 others like this.
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You disgust me.

G 97 likes this.
  3. Boman Forklift

Coming from you that’s a fucking compliment!!!!

YamahaRick and G 97 like this.
  4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It sure as hell was. :D

Boman Forklift likes this.
  5. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

henry_carlson likes this.
  6. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

not bad for being on their own

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

Fear not. I'm from Illinois. :D

Boman Forklift and Senna like this.
  8. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Do you have the same self-loathing coming from IL as I do? Lol

9. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

The Off Track podcast had Chuck Giacchetto on. Great to listen to imo. Always pulling for the Westby guys.

10. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

The Attack guys are "a bunch of tenacious robots!" :clap::rock::crackup:

11. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Thanks for maintaining the balance Garth.:D

G 97 likes this.
  12. henry_carlson

anyone hear about Max Van having the illegal engine again at Laguna?

13. Boman Forklift

Really, It seems pretty hard to believe

14. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

15. henry_carlson

Straight up rumor from the discord. I didnt see anything on the logs either.

16. henry_carlson

follow up: I spoke to our Technical Director. The “details of Max Van getting caught” are that he didn’t get caught. The rumor is completely untrue. @moto43, what is your source for this untruth? Spreading unfounded rumors is bad form, especially when you present the rumor as truth. MotoAmerica provides full disclosure on sanctions imposed and to suggest that we chose not to “announce” a sanction is irresponsible. In the future, it may be a good practice for you to not assume everything you hear or read is true. - Sean Bice

MyWayGuy likes this.
  17. G 97

G 97 Garth

:crackup:

18. drop

drop Well-Known Member

What's the difference in superbike where only 1 of 4 people can win?

19. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

If you don’t think you're one of the good guys, well hon, you’re in outer space. Flapping hard.

20. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I think they should combine sbk and stock 1000 always have.