1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto America PIRC. podium predictions?

Discussion in 'General' started by regularguy, Aug 15, 2019.

1. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

You have no idea how close I came to putting up the money.... Moving from fifth to fourth just didn’t justify it though. If it hadn’t been for the mistake entering one on the last lap it would have most likely happened.

However I do feel it is absolutely the sanctioning bodies responsibility to ensure rules are enforced especially whenever there is such a vast lack of parity.

2. adio1dog

adio1dog Well-Known Member

There is no vast lack of parity. The bike we are discussing behaves a lot like the other FZs. They have their strengths and SVs have theirs. What I notice is NOT a lack of speed from #38, but a lack of points accumulating results...
    All bikes outside the M4 tent are basically all running on shoestring budgets with dads like you turning wrenches. Or just a good dose of friends and loved ones support. But they are not throwing temper tantrums and pummeling other riders who don't just get out of their way.

3. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

To hear kris talk about, it isn’t costing you one position, it’s costing you many. And while the protest may only yield one position forward in that particular race, if what kris keeps claiming is true and it forces that rider to legalize their bike, then he should have no problem getting by that rider in the future and challenging for a win every race...

4. BC

BC Well-Known Member

What is the cost of a full teardown protest in the class

5. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Also, are the perceived cheaters motors sealed so they can't undo anything.

6. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I'm pulling for you guys, and I hope you don't throw in the towel after such a shitty season. That said, Kris needs to get his head out of his ass, finish the last couple races and get some mojo back. The talent is undeniable.

Circacee likes this.
  7. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

I think there's a $200 protest fee and a $750 tear down fee, but not sure. It's in the MA handbook.

8. Draik’s bike pulled like a damn freight train, it’s fast no doubt. That being said Chris knew where the bike was fast and where it was not, he’s talented enough that I feel if he kept a cooler head he could’ve left himself a bit more of a gap and made a pass that stuck where Draik parks it at the apex. He would’ve had to do that the first opportunity before any straights so easier said than done. Once he realized Draik wasn’t going to play follow the leader to catch up to Barney he should’ve came up with a new plan. Easier said than done when viewing from the couch, I know that. I hope y’all stick with it and I’ll help where I can. I know he’s frustrated, hard not to be but onwards and upwards. And I don’t know who’s bikes legal or not and nor do I care, not my battle to fight I was just looking at what I saw on tv.

9. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I watched the replay of the race on MotoAmerica Live. Did they edit out the podium incident? I hate to say it but that kind of drama is a good thing for the sport. Maybe not for the purest but the casual fan will enjoy seeing the passion these guys have.

5axis and rk97 like this.
  10. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Alright, shit. I wasn't able to watch, but what happened?

AC1108 likes this.
  11. redtailracing

Sorry but no. Garrett is passionate. Jd is passionate. That shit was just unprofessional and made the class look like amateur hour.

Rising Sun and Hoffman900 like this.
  12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Don't forget .... most people watch NASCAR for the crashes, so you have to remember who the typical motorsport fanbase one is trying to appeal to :D

13. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Agreed. Exciting race to watch - at least the class has that going for it. If I was a young kid like Draik following someone with 10+ years of "pro" experience signaling me to follow them, you bet your ass I'd push even more to beat them. LOL.

Great pass by Parrish on the outside part-way through that race. Could Draik and/or the bike improve through the corners? Sure, but a couple guys throwing their arms everywhere and crushing on Facebook about it, ain't doing themselves any favors.

Cred. to MotoAmerica - I paid $10 just to watch that race.

14. redtailracing

Fair enough. I’d like to say that’s not really the kind of fans I’d want our sport to attract but I suppose beggars can’t be choosers

15. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Yes, but I think if the motor (or whatever) is deemed 'cheater', the rider is docked points-earned dating back to when the protest was lodged. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

16. I don’t think draiks bikes illegal, just my opinion. He rides it like a 1000 and is totally point and shoot vs guys that carry corner speed. I’d love to see the data of corner speed of turner and draik and compare throttle/ brake inputs. He’s doing something rather unconventional in a class that’s usually about carrying momentum and using the power he has available. That being said even if he opened the throttle well before the apex that bikes a damn rocket in a straight line to the point it’s not even fun to watch. It doesn’t just come out of the draft, it doesn’t even need a draft to pull 5-10 lengths. I’d love to see what’s in it just out of pure curiously. Gearing may also play a factor but haven’t watched close enough to see if I can even see where he’s shifting.

17. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Yeah, his riding style is part of what makes me think it is illegal. You can’t take lines like that, kill the corner speed, be late getting on the throttle and still be that much better down the straights.
    It is a anomaly that there is no explanation for. Everybody else’s bike is about where I expect them to be with reasons for it. The 24 bike had a little motor on us in Saturday’s race but not a unreasonable difference and I expect that given the Motec stuff, lighter wheels and a rider that is probably a little lighter. Dumas weighs a good bit lighter and that explains his speeds. Parrish and Kris were pretty even on motor it seemed. Madama, Cooper and the rest of the Yamahas seemed to be pretty closer there than James which is also up a little bit.
    My money is on Total loss and a missing flywheel or a extremely light crank or a big bore that is well outside the allowance.
    We aren’t talking about a small difference in acceleration rates, if it were 3-5% it would be believable. It is closer to 15-20% better off the slower corners and that is unexplainable given Draiks size.

18. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

If you're willing to post here that you think he's cheating then you should be willing to pay to tear down the motor. If you aren't willing to do that, then stop calling the bike a cheater.

19. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

I wish Kaleb Dekeyrel was still in the mix for an added data point if nothing else.

r6boater, TLR67, rcarson15 and 3 others like this.
  20. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

I think you and Kris are delusional... and becoming increasingly unprofessional. Kris rides great, in SOME respects, but his temper and impatience are getting the best of him. He was making numerous inside pass attempts that would have never worked, and it was killing his drive. The rider in front was riding a bit defensive at times, but still getting the drive when it mattered. Like the final corner for the front straights. Kris passed D77 one time, and (in my opinion) tried to clean out his front wheel when he cut back in front. Then you had the insane out of control wheelie over the hill that nearly took d77 and p1 out..
    both you and Kris's social media rants (goes for Parrish too if you ask me) are tiresome. Put up the money and protest.. or STFU , and race ! Maybe the yamaha is just a better bike in the power department. Kalb made ya'll look slow at Laguna at times.. so, there's that.

Edit:. Holy crap. Just a few posts down and there's MORE crying.. yes Danny, there needs to be a "come to jesus" moment for you and Kris. But not only about the gesturing, but about the "there's no crying in roadracing". Newsflash. Life isn't fair. Sort your stuff out and go racing, protest if it makes ya feel better, and stop with the bitching. Make your OWN LUCK