1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto America PIRC. podium predictions?

Discussion in 'General' started by regularguy, Aug 15, 2019.

1. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Exactly (did I just agree w/Melka?). That's all I ever read - excuses. Long-winded posts on "the struggle", yet $30k in (to a twins class) and you're going to verbally trash someone without putting up money to find out? I mean, come on. How petty is that. I didn't follow your kids' career back in the day, but I do remember hearing a lot about crashing. And even still, who cares about that. No one is disagreeing with your view - yeah racing against a fast bike is being dealt a shitty hand sometimes. But you and your kid need to deal with it, in a way that isn't out of the tractor pull chronicles. This ain't flat track. Pony up the money, talk to the organization, ride better and/or do SOMETHING constructive other than dragging your name through the dirt for the sake of pride. If people around this place are harping on you, you damn well didn't do something right.

And if ya'll would just ride and let the people sort out public opinion, you'd be 200% better off than you are "telling your mind" - like you're owed something, anyway. Everyone on that grid is busting their ass to make it work. What makes you special? Get on with it, or get out. And maybe practice a rebuttal speech to those who help you, when they say one day they're done helping you. What's the end game anyway? Win the "twins championship" and get a 600 ride? A 1000 ride? A bunch of sponsors to pay for racing? News flash, that doesn't exist. Win races? That's everyone goal. Gain some respect in the process. It's not like people don't want your kid to do well. Ya'll are just making it so. damn. difficult.

Sorry, it's like a damn amateur hour, on a professional weekend.

2. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I just wanted to highlight this part for emphasis.

alan, Gino230, drop and 3 others like this.
  3. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Not gonna lie but the whole thing saddens me. I know and like pretty much everyone involved. It's a shame it's come to this.

Phl218 and Dragginass like this.
  4. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

This thread took a harrdddddd right...

Kinda like #38’s wheelie into #77..

I kid, I kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

Fonger, from ambulance to podium in 24 hrs. SDK .. knew it was a matter of time. One of the most talented riders i've personally seen on track, come along in awhile. Was bummed to see the MP13 team bike busted up. And big injury for Caroline O. Yikes.

drop and Circacee like this.
  6. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

I'm not on anyone's side in this whole argument(if you even call it one). Yes, there was some aggressive racing this weekend. But from my eyes, no one carved up as many aggressive passes as Blasius did in Saturday's race. That dude was making the same passes the whole race. Plus Barney nearly took out Dumas very early in race 2 when there was zero room. I don't think all the blame can be on Turner and Parrish. At least not IMO.

YamRZ350 likes this.
  7. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

and it was awesome to watch. He rode insanely well this weekend.

8. redtailracing

The big difference to me was Kris’s passes actually left me surprised that no one went down. Barnes and blasius got aggressive and sketchy at times but the difference was it just looked like hard racing. Kris was quite obviously pissed (based on all the gesturing) and it made it obvious he was just riding angry. The only issue I’ve had with Parrish is some of the things he’s said publicly, partly because I know he’s better than that. He’s still my boy but I’m not above saying when I think my friends are wrong. But the only sketchy move I can think of all season from Parrish was chopping blasius nose off at Sonoma. And frankly I don’t see that as a big deal. It was an isolated incident and shit happens when racing hard. Parrish actually made some of the prettiest passes of the weekend at Pitt if you ask me. But I also haven’t seen anyone else call Parrish out about his racing either, just the social media bs, which he seems to have backed off from anyways.

r6boater, badmoon692008 and MELK-MAN like this.
  9. drop

drop Well-Known Member

1. Doesn't the protested, keep the money when proven legal?

2. I'll start a gofuckme for the Turner's, since "everyone in the twin paddock" thinks draik is cheating. Everyone in the paddock can pitch in 20 bucks. That'll cover the protest

3. Draik can take that money after proven legal, and make it to barber for the final round.

4. The bullshit about being legal will be put to bed and other excuses will be needed.

5. You are delusional for saying you're on no one's side. Maybe re-read the thread.

6. Uhmmmm lol, since draik and family are doing this deal on their own now, and Mr Andy Palmer whome draik worked with for a good while, was all the sudden helping turner38 on the grid and on hotpit, why wouldn't you just ask him if draiks bike is illegal.

O wait, no one was suppose to know that bit of information huh.

7. I seriously was a Turner fan, because one of you Turner's race dirt late models. We have 3 of them, so I seen something more that would give me a reason to be a fan of his bike racing efforts. Boy, things change.

8. Seen in the local newspaper that Stayfree Tampons is seeking an advertising opportunity. Maybe get them on board, and see if they have any connections at Kleenex, for additional support.

10. redtailracing

This is interesting. I knew Draik separated from AP for some reason but never thought much into it. But I find this very interesting.

Circacee likes this.
  11. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Didn't know this. Hmmm

badmoon692008 likes this.
  12. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Hey. I just read on the riderzlaw/Kris Turner press release that the reason Kris didn't get on the podium Sunday is because his bike was having problems shifting. So what's the real dam problem here?

MELK-MAN and badmoon692008 like this.
  13. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I have no reason whatsoever to believe that Draik's bike is illegal, or that he would knowingly ride an illegal bike, but let's assume, for the sake of argument, that AP did something shady in the build. Would he advertise that in the pits? Again, I do not believe for one moment that Draik would cheat, but expecting a tuner to divulge that information is a bit unrealistic.

14. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Don't know why they split. It's none of my business.

But let's say the split was shitty, and the bike tuner is now all the sudden working for a different team that can't keep up. The bike tuner would 99% tell his new team the bike is a cheater and to protest. Especially if it would get his new team on the podium.

15. drop

drop Well-Known Member

I didn't either until on the podium twice, I seen the AP patch was gone off draiks leathers, his bike, and pit.

And then seen Andy on hotpit with Turner.

16. Phl218

Phl218 .

someone spill the beans

Circacee and AC1108 like this.
  17. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Were almost there. I can feel it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dragginass likes this.
  18. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

C'mon on Phil, you're not new.

This place is worse than a room full of high school girls when it comes to "I know something you don't know" and "I'll just say this (fill in the blank with something cryptic)" and then follow it up with "It's not my place to say anything".:rolleyes:

:D

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    MELK-MAN likes this.
  19. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Yeah, no go fund me bullshit on our account.
    I’ve spent the money to protest people before and will do it again if I have it in my pocket and it makes sense to do it. Moving us up to fourth didn’t justify it.

Palmer has absolutely nothing to do with our program. He showed up to help with tire warmers Sunday after Kris posted something about us needing help earlier in the week.

I have very little trust in people as a rule. Don’t think anybody is above cheating, especially those “really nice people” from past experience those are the fuckers you have to worry about the most.

There were rumors and accusations made last year that we were cheating with a 2mil bike. I took it as a complement honestly. Seems like a lot of people are getting really butt hurt over me voicing my opinion on here. Oh well, who gives a fuck.

Really doubt we will make the trip to Jersey. Hard to justify with it being a two day deal with only one race.
    Will be at Barber though to see if we can’t put it on the box there. That will most likely be our last Twins race.

20. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

not sure you understand, there are literally people willing to pay your protest fee. Myself included.. you just say the word. You don't need it in your pocket, you don't need to concern yourself with "moving up to 4th won't justify it".. just say it. "we want the 77 tore down" and it can happen.

TILL then, you and your son should at least consider ending the offhand remarks about the 77 cheating. Interestingly the FB posts myself and others made suggesting the same.. Kris deletes. So i'll say it again, since you are continuing to insinuate the 77 is cheating (by saying moving up to 4th wouldn't justify it.. suggests you think he's cheating), but won't put up the money... protest already, OR, STFU about it already.
    PS: Good luck at Barber. Kris rides well there.