1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto America PIRC. podium predictions?

Discussion in 'General' started by regularguy, Aug 15, 2019.

1. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Is Dumas really on the same bike though? Turner is on a 2nd gen last I saw. And Parrish runs his own deal with great help from amazing people, but that's still not the same level as team hammer is it?

2. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

Well that's not even remotely true.

3. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Dumas bike had 5mph or more on the other SVs in the speed trap that I saw from qualifying. That wasn’t just a single lap either, so I don’t think it is drafting.

4. Ya the Team Hammer bikes are good, really good. Dumas is also tiny and can ride, he gets a good drive and tucks in the bike well. I haven’t looked but what are Dumas and Blasius trap speeds? They are on the same kit but Joe is a bit larger than Alex.

noles19 and rk97 like this.
  5. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

Hard track to go by trap speeds at Pitt - momentum / drive out of the corner matters huge there in terms of that. Road America is a better indicator as all the bikes get to terminal speed, Dumas wasn’t the fastest Suzuki there, and Turner has been as fast or faster trap speed wise at multiple events, in multiple sessions.

Hell, Jake Lewis, Mathew Scholtz, JD are all usually down 4-5mph to the factory bikes, and can make it work. At the very least, they don’t try cleaning out their competitors. The differences in Twins is a lot less than that (tenths - 2 to 3 mph among the front runners).

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    MELK-MAN, Gino230, rk97 and 1 other person like this.
  6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I agree with this 100%

MELK-MAN likes this.
  7. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

The man drama is strong on the MA Twins Cup Race 2 post race interview:
    5889CA50-F527-4C69-9D6C-A485CE5420B2.png

8. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

If you think the 77 bike is getting a better drive than Kris at Pittsburg or than any of the other front runners you are delusional.

The only place he has pace is of the corner and down the straights. The biggest issue is the difference off the corner. It is significantly stronger than any other bike on the grid. None of the other Yamahas equal it.
    Dumas is a little guy and it seems that the M4 bunch found something between Road America and Laguna and the trap speed has been up as a result. Draik isn’t a little guy and doesn’t carry the corner speed or get the drives Dumas does.

9. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

TWINS and Supersport are definitely keeping MA alive.

Landers is running away with the Junior Cup and Superbike is a Factory show. Superstock is Lee`s to lose though this weekend proved to be quite entertaining.

Anyone care to chime in on the PJ/Hayden altercation? That was fireworks waiting to happen. Props to the Fonger for riding through the injury though SDK`s looking like the man!

10. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

What SV was fastest at PIRC?

11. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I don’t think he’s ever worried much about his fitness or diet, so probably.

Not that i know Danny at all, but everything i have seen from him suggests a hard racer, but not a hard trainer. And that’s not meant to be any kind of insult - he practices riding and racing plenty. I just don’t think he’s interested in having a workout “plan” or strategy.

The “science” would be perceived as a waste of brain energy. Danny rides loose, and it works for him. I actually kind of admire that about him. How many of us obsess about things that help 1% while neglecting the bigger picture? /$.02

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Same here - but if you want to be a professional racer then you need to act like one. Going off on another rider because of how your bikes work differently is not professional.

13. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

14. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

I just watched the race. All the waving and gesturing was ridiculous. Someone's bike will always be faster. If they are playing within the rules set forth by MA, and they are in front of you, deal with it. I didn't see Barnes do any gesturing but that was a nasty pass attempt on a championship leader.

15. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

The other thing is we aren't talking about factory teams. If a Yamaha/Ducati etc works better than what you ride.....then switch bikes and beat them at their own game.

That said, a Suzuki won the race.....so excuses are silly.

16. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

MA timing screen for the race shows Dumas' bike was 2nd fastest overall - down 2+mph on Draiks bike and James/Madama were pretty much identical in terms of top speed to Dumas.

I'd guess all 3 of those riders are at minimum 25lbs or more heavier than Dumas which has to hurt top speed and how long it takes to hit terminal speeds as you say.

17. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

I've watched the twins race twice now. Some of the passes around the outside were incredible. The 77 bike was passing riders from 10 and 15 bike lengths back coming onto the front straight. That thing is an absolute missile. Props to whoever built it.

18. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

I’m not real happy with all the gesturing either and there will be a come to Jesus meeting about it.

As far as playing within the rules set forth that remains to be seen as MA has done a very poor job of making sure bikes are within the rules other than the games they played at Road Atlanta.
    JMO

This year has really sucked for us. Kris has been in survival mode pretty much since Road Atlanta, that makes it hard to perform at optimum levels.

19. drop

drop Well-Known Member

To answer his Facebook question about what to do about slow drivers in the fast lane, I move over and go the fuck on. The track is 30 feet plus wide

20. drop

drop Well-Known Member

They have protest rules.