1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most reliable used 400+ HP Sedans

Discussion in 'General' started by Sean Jordan, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

I was hoping the RS3 would be available in a 5 door once it hit the US market but everything I have read says it will be sedan only :(

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

The current STi doesn't come in wagon :(

3. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

BigBird likes this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

There was talk about it but that diesel bullshit probably killed it and the 2.0 gasoline A3. The diesel was going to be the major seller and the gasoline was going to sell to the nutballs like me. I didn't want the RS3 but the S3 would have done it for me.

5. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

BigBird likes this.
  6. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

You can get the E-tron. It's pretty fun to boot. But way slower.

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

Nice car! How easy to take the kids out the car seat with the roll bars :eek:

8. sbhockey

sbhockey Orange shirt #157

These topics always remind me of the Youtube series "after/drive" usually all about what would you buy for $xxx.

9. dcemotorsports

dcemotorsports Well-Known Member

CTS-V is a solid vehicle. Passenger safety is paramount. Incredible crash worthiness and loads of air bags for all. The Corvette motor is rock solid and the torque is too much fun where ever you live. The driver electronics are excellent. Really quick response times. Or turn them off. You better be on point if you do. Drive line is robust to handle the motor. Dealers are everywhere rather than exclusively located. They hold their value too.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I got no place to charge it.

11. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Plenty of cars I like. Plenty that I don't like enough to pay what they are asking for them.

12. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I don't play golf so I see no need to own a golf cart.

13. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Nothing but adjectives complimenting the creature comforts of a 400 awhp STI as a daily driver, the cage is just for added safety. WTF?
    Unless it's just an adult's track car. Or all commuting occupants are under 22 years of age at all times and still living with their parents. :D

14. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

EVO X is a more refined ride/drive, than the Sti.
    My mom lives with me, 6 to 7 months of the year. Irish winters, are too cold for her :)

15. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

I would have given my left nut for an Evo 10 years ago. At this point of my life a car has to be more than an insane small displacement engine with a big ass turbo and something to sit on and also something to hold on to for an interior.

16. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

I love my wrx but with one kid and another on the way I'd take a cts-v. That Lexus ISF is pretty nice though too.

17. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

OH for God's sake check the cost and frequency of clutches on the f1 tranny. This is a joke right?

18. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

(For reference, Papa and I had a convo offline in which I said the M5/E63 were "too big, floaty-boaty, ughhhh.")

That being said, I believe the CTS-V runs circles around the M5 and the E63. It actually does pretty well around the track, thank you very much:

VIR Grand West laptimes
    2011 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 2:55.9
    2016 Cadillac CTS-V 2:56.8
    2008 Dodge Viper SRT10 2:57.4

For evidence, I offer: http://www.caranddriver.com/feature...results-historical-lap-times-and-more-feature

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

2 things:
    - I'm not saying the CTS-V is a boat. I'm saying the others are in the same league.
    - I don't see them on that chart.

More off-line later... :)

20. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

They're there. :)

2013 BMW M5 3:05.2
    2014 Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG S-model 3:00.1

Also, I don't know about the Merc, but from what I'm reading the Caddy seems to have the Bimmer covered when it comes to reliability.