1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most reliable used 400+ HP Sedans

Discussion in 'General' started by Sean Jordan, Mar 15, 2016.

1. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I would love the v10 M5, sounds soooooo good, and you can have it fairly cheap also.

Reliability is a no go though.

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

3. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Better get some new friends.
    People spend that on a Ducati

4. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

I like the look of the STi hatchback more than the Evo. Good point on the bimmer, the only drawback to the STi is so many idiots drive that car you kind of get lumped into that crowd by default...

No kids now but maybe in the future. I'm not quite 6' so I don't think ergonomics would be a problem. The S4 is a bit more than I would like to spend but would it be worth looking at?

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I'm sure it's location as much as anything. Wealthy people around here buy big SUV's and trucks. You can count the supercars in central MO on one hand :( It still seems ridiculous to spend almost 90k on a little cadillac - cars like that are disposable.

Who's spending $90k on a Duc? Does Ducati do a package deal on 2 and a half Panigale R's?

6. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I think they call it the Ducati Superleggera, and it is more like 65k haha.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, as soon as you get a pack of diseased snot bubblers any 400hp car is going to Carmax as a trade in on a mini van. the 993 you can hide in the garage under some blankets and sneak out when the wife and the kids are off on a play date.

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I don't think it's in production any longer. Possibly a 2014 only special model.

I was at a trackday last summer at Hallett and somebody wadded one of those things. It was sad :(

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

My opinion? Yeah, I'd at least look at it. I like my A3 cabrio but it's little more than a 2 + 2 with a trunk that you can't fit a full sized golf bag in with the roof down. The S4 is better but it's really only the size of the new Civic.

I want my 5 door A3 back.

10. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

It's an M3/AMG C63 class car. (And Cadillac is actually building a car that is genuinely competitive now, performance/handling-wise.) That's simply what they cost.

Have you priced new CTS-Vs??

11. SupermotoFan

SupermotoFan deep Clothing Company

2008 Maserati Quattroporte

[​IMG]

12. Sean Jordan

The wife is adamantly against mini-vans. She is accepting of wagons, though. So CTS-V wagons, Volvo V60 Polestars, etc are in.

13. Sean Jordan

Someone's Buick LeSabre called and wants its stupid little side-holes back. (what are those even called?!)

L8RSK8R and SupermotoFan like this.
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If CTS-V would work for you, your comment to me earlier about M5/E63 is null and void. :)
    It's their price that would take them out of contention, not their size or handling.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Sean, so was Sam but we were inches away from a Routan. "I'll never drive a mini van. . . eww, you can sure fit a lot of crap in this can't you?"

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You've missed out on a classic internet meme burn. Back when that car came out somebody made a comment about it not really being a Quattroporte because there were only three of those little holes!

17. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Speed holes.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Portholes I believe.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Gills.

20. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand