1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

moriwaki race

Discussion in 'General' started by SPATT, Aug 29, 2010.

1. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

My only interaction with the Zayats has been at a few TDs and Xavier and his father were nothing, but nice to me and my friends. I saw no signs of abuse, whether physical or emotional. With that said, if I saw Xavier's father displaying what's been described when Sophia crashed (which was caused by the father not properly setting up the front brakes BTW - not sure if that was posted or not...) I'd agree that something should be done. So, good on you John. I applaud someone stepping up and doing the right thing. :clap:

2. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

And right there might be the genesis of Wes' strange and misguided views.

Wes -- you claim to know Xavier's pop -- instead of spending lots of time and energy here voicing a rather perplexing opinion on parenting, have you bothered to call him up and ask for his take on his actions?

3. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

I'm still waiting for an answer to that. I asked the same question last night.

4. Greysight

Greysight Well-Known Member

Ken, your post was so spot on, and exactly what I had been mulling over all morning. Not only do I agree with the points you made, but your delivery was immaculate.

+1000

Wes, I think you need to re-evaluate what is considered abuse. There is no way the beebs can teach you this lesson, but at some point please think it over, and consider that your opinion of when abuse is taking place might be long after the abuse has already begun.

5. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Wes,
    Think back to when you were 16 and how you had the whole world figured out. You probably realize now how much of an idiot you were. Guess what: you still are, but it will take you another 5 years to figure it out.

6. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Damn I wish Ray was here!

7. Tortuga

Tortuga Well-Known Member

John
    The idea of a "Code of Conduct" for parents of racers is perfect. The fine folks over at M1GP (though there have been no problems yet) would be down and that way get the parents early before they lose their minds.

And Wes, get help, dude.

8. I just can't imagine hearing that my kid crashed and my reaction being anything other than concern. It's mind boggling that any race org has to develop a code of conduct that tells parents how to treat their kids. But I'm glad that someone is taking the first step in trying to ensure a positive environment for kids to have fun. My 3 year old son, who tells me he is going to be a superbike racer, may benefit from such an environment.

If you are a good parent and the competitve environment causes you act in a way that you later regret or put your childs safety and well being at risk, you have to evaluate your priorties.

9. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

:stupid: Well said.