1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

moriwaki race

Discussion in 'General' started by SPATT, Aug 29, 2010.

1. XACT-Man

XACT-Man Not that fast....

Well I've been a bystander in this and it truly is the saddest thread I have ever read.

My kids don't race, I've had them 2up on the track and my son has ridden a XR80 for a while. I'm a divorced dad and my son is one great pitcher who has just started high school this year with great hopes of making the varsity baseball team. I used to coach "little league" baseball with my son and witnessed plenty and had to intervene a couple of times to cool some parents off.

That being said, my son is 15, daughter 17, I may have raised my voice once or twice to them, never ever raised a hand or tapped, nudged, smacked, whipped, dragged either one of them and they are two great kids.

I have no patience for any parent no matter how frustrated they are that lays a hand on their kid(s).

Good on you JU for stepping up on this, I commend you!

Wes, either I missed it in reading or you never answered whether or not you have any kids?

2. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

As someone who publishes a periodical, I doubt we need to remind JU of the implications (and potential liabilities) of his words.

John said early on that he was looking for VERIFIABLE accounts of inappropriate conduct by Xavier's father.

Good people can make bad decisions, but if this is a pattern of conduct, then there have already been second and third chances to change. Being a good guy doesn't eliminate the consequences of bad decisions.

3. Jmardy

Jmardy Jmardy

I agree.
    I've read stuff here occasionally over the years but never felt like posting until now. I was hoping to hear how Xavier was recovering from this tragedy but to find this and see what he has been put through really breaks my heart.

Trying to imagine how Xavier must have felt after the accident only to be yelled at by his father... words fail me.

I desperately hope the Zayat family gets the support they need and Xavier is able to recover from this and eventually find happiness and comfort, whether that means racing or not.

I applaud and support John's efforts.
    Really really sad.

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I counted both. Both were zero on outright insults. About even on implied insults as well.

5. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

How does a 25-year-old SV pilot and engineer from Massachusetts who wasn't an eyewitness to any of the events being discussed, know "but you did exaggerate on a few things"?

He doesn't. He's just talking out his ass. Wasn't there. Didn't see what happened. Doesn't have any kids. Thinks it's OK to yell at your kid (who just ran over another kid) if you're mad, because yelling is a manifestation of concern. And that it's OK to slap another kid on the back of the head and drag them to the car while yelling as long as you don't know that they've got a broken back and a broken wrist.

He has a simple response to everything: It didn't happen, or, you can't prove to me that it happened.

Did I mention that he wasn't there?

Have I missed anything?

6. Roger@Arroyo

Roger@Arroyo Well-Known Member

:clap:

Get it to us, we'll do it. Although, we've only had one abusive parent in our pits. His kids weren't even there but he did try to start a fight with another kids parents. Good thing Davie has mellowed out over the past few years....:D

7. John29

Thank you, Roger.

8. John29

Correction: A 21-year-old.

As in, 'How does a 21-year-old SV pilot and engineer from Massachusetts who wasn't an eyewitness to any of the events being discussed, know "but you did exaggerate on a few things"?'

9. vince224

vince224 Well-Known Member

wes,
    with all due respect, can you please tell us:
    1) exactly what was exaggerated?
    2) how exactly you conclude it was exaggerated?
    that would go a long way to establishing some credibility in your own statements, and as one who seems concerned in the credibility of others', would seem appropriate and timely.

john,
    tks for your insightful and willing initiative to "tame the parents" that need it. i wish i had the same gumption and thought; it's waaay overdue. i see that shit too frequently and it anecdotally appears to always be the same people.

carry on...

vince
    :D

10. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

So are you going to have one for parents and Davie? Or will they be separate forms? :D

11. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

I did not have a dog in this hunt but now.....what the hell is wrong with the fabulous SV? :D:Poke:

12. aflaim

aflaim Well-Known Member

Wow, you just don't get it do you.

13. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Wes, tell us all, have you put any effort into speaking with your "friends" and trying to make sure the kids are safe or have you spent all of your time sulking and trying to prove John Uhlrich wrong. I'll tell you which would be the more useful action here, but you seem to be making the wrong choice repeatedly.

14. MCW

MCW Well-Known Member

Here you go, I did it for you. You're welcome.

15. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

We are.

And we ALL thank you for all you've done in the name of rider safety.

Hear that giant sucking sound? It's me setting John up to see me at Barber after all these years. :D

16. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Don't sell yourself short. You make that sucking noise much more than just that. :D

(At least that's what H8R said after he started talking about coming out.)

Should we be worried? :crackup:

17. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

You left out your 'vendetta' against the family.

18. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

YOU don't need to worry...

19. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Thank God! :crackup:

20. grahamsn

grahamsn Well-Known Member

Good one Wes. You really got me there. It’s sad that you’ve chosen to sling mud in your response, when we’re discussing a very serious topic.
    If you’re going to try to insult me, you might as well know who I am. My name is Graham Nicholls, and I live in Oshawa, Ontario. I have a 7 month-old daughter who means more to me than anything else in this world. There is NOTHING I wouldn’t do to protect her. It insenses me when I hear about people treating children in an abusive manner. No matter how hard you try to convince us otherwise, there is no excuse for it. Period.