1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

moriwaki race

Discussion in 'General' started by SPATT, Aug 29, 2010.

1. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

2. Wes07

Wes07 Well-Known Member

Well best of luck to you. Sounds great and hopefully it works out.
    But what do you plan to do in regards to Xavier and his family?

3. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Well that "guy" buys ink by the barrel...often their words carry a little more weight.

4. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

;)

I'm glad you're on our side.

5. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

It wasn't his words that carried the weight. It was his actions and, frankly, his $$$.

6. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Pray for them. And hope to God I don't wake up some morning and see them on the news, and have to deal with the fact that when something should have been done and could have been done, I wasn't any smarter than you are.

7. AH406

AH406 Well-Known Member

Actions speaking louder than words. Nice.

8. SpeedTechRacing

SpeedTechRacing Speed Tech Racing

Go John Go!:up:

9. Wes07

Wes07 Well-Known Member

Why can't you simply state your argument and intentions without the insults? I can double check but I don't remember insulting you too much.

10. John29

Other than basically calling me an liar and saying I exaggerated? And that what I repeatedly described couldn't have possibly happened, because you said so?

And that the eyewitnesses who described what they saw with the one kid getting dragged and wacked when she could hardly walk were exaggerating and not credible.

Right.

11. John29

Oh, and the part about being glad you didn't meet me?

Right.

12. ton

ton Arf!

John, i applaud you for using this particular situation toward a bigger picture initiative that is much needed. If anyone can make it happen, i have to believe you can.

There are youth sports programs in the US (soccer is the one i'm most familiar with) that have provisions for officials and coaches to discipline and eject problem parents. I would think similar protocols could be adopted here.

Thanks very much for your efforts.

13. blueduc37

blueduc37 Well-Known Member

Yes.

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Just to clarify, the only "big names" here are Shaun Harris and ... Well nobody else won a TT so that about sums it up.:up:

15. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Don't forget "Until then I think you're just being an asswhole[sic]."

16. charles

charles The Transporter

Well this thread has come a long way. Kinda figured JU had a 'higher purpose' and it's been informative. Perception seems to play a larger role, sometimes, than reality...perhaps always. Often, confronting unpleasant things is necessary to bring about changes and positive results. Not everyone is willing to do this for various reasons (some I understand, some I don't).

There is one aspect of this- and maybe I missed something in the replies- no one touched upon. Specifically, if someone is dragging any child or committing any acts of violence upon any child, don't just watch. Get involved, quickly and personally, if necessary, and also call the authorities. Let it get sorted out later, protect the child immediately. For those of you who actually believe you have some right to commit physical violence on your kids, I would urge you to read what the laws these days have to say about that topic.

Good on JU for moving this in a positive healthy direction. I wish him the best in his efforts.

17. blueduc37

blueduc37 Well-Known Member

That must be like 2 half-asses put together. :rolleyes:

18. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Here is a quote from the AMA Sports Rule book. Maybe it is time to expand the wording. Tdub

A. General Information
    1. By participating in an AMA meet, each participant
    acknowledges and agrees to abide by the AMA’s rules and
    procedures, including those related to release and waiver
    of liabilities and claims. In addition, riders are deemed
    responsible for the actions of their families and crew
    members. All parties involved in AMA competition are
    expected to conduct themselves in a responsible manner,
    respecting at all times the rights of others. Participation in
    AMA sanctioned activities is a privilege, and all
    participants understand that violation of AMA rules and
    procedures can lead to forfeiture of their competition
    privileges.

19. Wes07

Wes07 Well-Known Member

I was waiting for someone with too much time on their hands to come along and actually count my insults. Convenient you didn't count John's though. Yes, I did insult you, about 1/10 as much as you to me.
    And again, I never called you a liar, but you did exaggerate on a few things. And I didn't deny things happening, just to the degree you would go on to talk about. Oh well.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um, yeah, you called him a liar. Did you use that word? Nope. Doesn't change what you said. For example - the comment about exaggeration, if you were not at either incident, how do you have any clue what happened to base your theory on? I was at Indy and talked to John about the incident there and his comments haven't changed one single bit either in details about what happened or in his response to it.