1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

moriwaki race

Discussion in 'General' started by SPATT, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

I got my ass beat for breaking rules or doing what I knew was wrong.

I NEVER got touched for dropping a football, missing a free throw, or getting struck out.

Misbehavior calls for correction.
    Sporting errors call for support.

2. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

violence is the last (and sometimes only) resort of the limited intellect.

3. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

This whole thread makes me sad.

Except for Papa making fun of PC for being old. I liked that part.

4. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

People who defend child abusers, are defending child abuse. It makes me wonder why anybody would do that. And if they have any kids of their own.

I wish I had never seen what I saw. It is my misfortune that I did.

The same applies to the other people who saw the incidents. As opposed to the guy who wasn't there, hasn't talked to anybody who was there, and yet doesn't believe it could have possibly happened because in his experience it's such a nice family.

Simply repeating that you don't believe it happened and don't believe people who were eyewitnesses is not really an effective defense. Saying that it's OK to wack a just-crashed kid who is having trouble walking on the back of the head as you drag her to the car, is insane. As is the idea that yelling at a kid who has just run over another kid, is a manifestation of proper parental caring. What kind of upbringing fosters the idea that this is acceptable parenting in the racing paddock?

I'm glad Wes Perry CCS/LRRS # 352 didn't come up and talk to me. Because I don't really want to meet or talk to people who mindlessly defend child abuse.

5. H8R

:up:

6. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

[​IMG]

7. Wes07

Wes07 Well-Known Member

Innocent until proven guilty. Prove he abuses his kids and I'll support you whole heartedly. Until then I think you're just being an asswhole.
    And Grahamsn, go screw yourself =)
    Regardless of everything said, I still think its poor timing to start all this crap.

8. John29

Yeah, because I believed my own lyin' eyes and my own lyin' ears.

And the notes I took immediately afterward. (Reporter instincts kicked in.)

Got it.

9. Wes07

Wes07 Well-Known Member

Didn't say you lied, but you yourself said he was yelling when Xavier crashed before he knew the situation. Yes kind of poor parenting, but no not child abuse.

10. John29

Yeah, and then when told what the situation was, he then started screaming at the sobbing son, "You HIT THE PERSON?! You HIT THE PERSON?!"

11. Wes07

Wes07 Well-Known Member

Did he shout in a way of abusing his son, or in a way of shock and unhappiness with the situation?
    Given the families circumstances and just how much they sacrificed just to be there, we all ought to be able to at least understand why the father was so mad and maybe his anger clouded his judgement just a little and he showed not the best parenting. But I still think it's outrageous to take any more away from this particular incident.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

WTF? Are you saying JU is lying about what he saw in person at Indy?

13. John29

He was screaming in irrational rage at the sobbing kid.

I am firmly convinced that if Bill Himmelsbach had not already pushed him back out of reach of the kid, and if Bill was not still standing between him and the kid, it could have gotten a lot worse, immediately.

You should have been there. If you had been there, and we were still having this disagreement, you would qualify as being completely heartless.

I wish I had been anywhere, other than there, at that moment in time.

14. H8R

Never mind you're not worth it.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We obviously disagree on what is abuse and what is not... Screaming at a child who just hit another rider is abuse. There is no gray area on this one sorry.

16. John29

Yeah, that's what he's saying, because in his personal experience the involved people have acted fine and are nice people.

Hey, anybody who doesn't believe me, should ask Bill Himmelsbach. Although that probably wouldn't be enough either, because if one eyewitness who has made his living as a reporter since 1972 doesn't count, adding in what Bill saw won't count, and adding in Captain Hayley's eyewitness account won't count, either.

Denial is an amazing thing.

17. Wes07

Wes07 Well-Known Member

As this is the wera board, theres no arguing with the big names so I'll just wait and see what comes of this. Where would be a good place to get updates on how this plays out?

18. H8R

Why aren't you on the phone with your buddy asking HIM what happened? How come your buddy hasn't called JU? Why isn't there at least an apology or some act of contrition for the events?

Why as this guys friend are you arguing instead of getting him in touch with JU and putting a stop to this?

It's not big names you're arguing with...you are arguing with a person who was there, and you weren't.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wow. Pitiful copout dude.

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

If nobody takes action, nothing. That's typically how it passes one generation to the next.