1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

#metoo hypocrisy

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Robby-Bobby, Aug 19, 2018.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

If only he were Kenyan... :D

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Welcome aboard asshole.

3. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Thanks fucko! :D

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Holy shit, someone else watched that! :D

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Nope, everything has to be filtered through the current year's bullshit-barometer. Like when SJWs got all pissy about the movie Dunkirk for not being inclusive enough to have black and female actors in it.....forgetting the obvious fact that it's HISTORICAL NON-FICTION!!!

6. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

Is that because niggardly is cheap and cheap is Jewish? If so, it makes sense.

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

auminer likes this.
  8. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Fixing it is not the goal. The goal is a perpetual issue.

crashman and Fonda Dix like this.
  10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Well, like it or not only men can fix it. Women won't/can't fix this.....at least not until they've sufficiently felt the sting from the backlash of it. Even then that probably won't be enough to convince them of its lunacy.

Fonda Dix likes this.
  11. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Kind of hard when being an asshole is subject to interpretation. There are certain careers and fields where things don't get done without being a hard ass (which most snowflakes view as being an asshole). Every supervisor/manager I know has an "asshole" mode, where being direct and not sugar coating things is necessary.

12. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Ever work with somebody where even a minor cuss like "Damn it" is offensive? I have. Now imagine if this person actually has the power to lord it over you. I once had a supposedly religious VP who was quite severe if you swore in his presence. Turns out he was two faced and eventually got caught fooling around but for a couple of years it was a PIA. I worked in a power plant with verbally challenged mechanics....every other word was "give me the fucking wrench"...etc. If he came around to observe the work he would hold you accountable for your crews' language. Got called on the carpet a couple of times. I did get quite a chuckle when he got his come-uppance...Now change the story slightly and put in the Me-Too aspect. I pity the poor guys who have to work in the new environment.

13. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I especially like the quote at the end of the article from the female CEO.
    "Men have to step up, she said, and “not let fear be a barrier.”"
    Pretty easy to say when it is not her that would be risking her career on the potential of a false claim.

Fonda Dix likes this.
  14. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Fuck em….play stupid games....win stupid prizes.

15. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

The problem is there are probably just 10% of the women out there taking the #MeToo stuff too far and most of the rest of the women in the workforce are just trying to do a good job at work, but are paying the price. Next up: to avoid sexual discrimination issues, they will start cutting out the socialization after work for everyone or having one on one meetings with anyone.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Then they can fix it.

17. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

How?

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That's their problem. I'm not single anymore.

19. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Being married does not cure you from predatory toxic masculinity. Your vile nature is irreversible.

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Meh... I can live with that.