1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

#metoo hypocrisy

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Robby-Bobby, Aug 19, 2018.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Yes. It's full of good points and I agree. Still, there's that persuasive element that's just a touch out of place. He IS trying to get her to drunk enough to put her fears aside and stay with him:D

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I'm still waiting on the first broke guy, living under an overpass, to get accused.....

auminer likes this.
  3. G 97

G 97 Garth

And still not even remotely on the same level as date rape. Basically.

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I honestly don't give a shit. I like the song, but I'm not surprised that it's being censored. The PC police have gone off the fucking reservation.

5. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Yup. Also, Veggie Tales is racist now.

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

Banned not censored.
    larry the cucumber is a racist. :crackup:

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Banning Christmas songs is about the most niggardly thing you could do.

brex and crashman like this.
  9. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I am just curious what percentage of sexual encounters do not have a persuasive element to them. I know I have bought social lubricant for women in the hopes that the booze would work its magic and get me a bit of action. Sometimes it worked. Does that make me a rapey bad man? Or just male?

I really wish the PC police would just fuck off somewhere. This is a war of attrition and the SJW's keep moving the goalposts and establishing new "normals" and as someone else said, look at events from the past as if they happened yesterday. Fuck them. I am just holding on waiting for the inevitable backlash.

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It’ll come. That’s how these things work. Ebb and flow.

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

BigBird likes this.
  12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

beastiality?

13. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Only if you get consent from the animal. If not it's just then it's just another day in the middle east.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay, what the absolute fuck? Bullying takes some sort of force or power the bullied person is incapable of stopping (which rules out ALL internet bullying right off the bat) - it sure as hell is NOT just someone being mean to you. What an idiot...

cav115 likes this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um, yeah, that's not remotely the song though. The girl is trying to come up with reasons to stay against the wishes of society, she wants to stay and the song makes that obvious.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

By this reasoning, you can rule out all forms of bullying. Just stay home, and you've stepped it.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Pretty much yeah. You can't be bullied unless they have power over you - physical or I'd even go with bosses being able to bully employees to an extent (although you could quit). You can't be bullied if you can walk away from it.

18. G 97

G 97 Garth

I think one can can be bullied through social media. Yeah it isn’t directly in person or physical but no question you can be bullied through social media. You May have the option to remove yourself easier but it’s still being bullied.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And I call bullshit - the other people on the internet have no power over you. No power to even make you read what they have typed. How is that bullying?

I have no idea why people think someone else being mean is the same as them being a bully, it's not and day different.

cav115 likes this.
  20. G 97

G 97 Garth

Having power over someone is not limited by proximity or by being in direct contact. Social media has changed this dynamic. I’m thinking more along the lines of children and not grown up mature people. But not all grown ups are mature.

jase likes this.