1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mail you senator or Rep. IMMEDIATELY

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ZebProctor1, Jun 26, 2003.

1. NGN63

NGN63 New Member

That's what I keep telling Laura Lee.

2. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

...nice one Bu$h....piss off all of the workers of america....:moon:

I see your lining your wallet with more corporate ca$h....

make no mistake about it...big business runs this country.

3. mad brad

mad brad Guest

:D ignorance is bliss, and chuck is blistered.

4. mad brad

mad brad Guest

dear dreamer, the country is a big business. time to wake up, and be a productive citizen.

5. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Brad, I hope that you are posting from the Rio beach!! I you aren't, you are a BIG LOSER.

Speedo, thong or banana boat? I'm still waiting. . .

Rodger

6. mad brad

mad brad Guest

yeah, doing a little "work" then flying home. neither, big ole' surf shorts.

7. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

Historically wasn't the rise of the labour unions the result of the corporate fat cats taking advantage of the workers? Big business only runs the country if the labour class allows it. Properly organized, labour runs the economy.

8. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

Actually, the more correct term is "Robber Barons" running industry. Bill Gates is about the only dude left in the USA who could properly wear that mantle. Sam Walton could have, but he's pushin' up Daisies now.

9. Mac26

Mac26 Member

And this is exactly the reason that foreign manufacturing and engineering is so far superior to that of the US today (ie motorcycles, etc.). In Japan they can concentrate on quality and corporate stability instead of drying the tears of lazy ass Union Workers who want extra pay for their lack of ambition. The corporate "fat cats" are where they are for a reason, they earned it. Unions did had their place in time but, IMO, to be Pro-Union in today's environment is to betray the values that made this country great.

10. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

Let's try injecting some reality into the situation.

Japanese companies concentrate on quality because management determined that quality was more important thant profit - long term thinking. The management determines the quality, not the line. The line does what they are told. So shitty manufacturering is a result of the management philosophy, not the line.

North American companies invariably put short term profit ahead of long term. The shareholders demand satisfaction NOW, not 15 years from now.

11. TNT184

TNT184 Guest

In MAC26's refernece to Japaneese companies, you fail to acknowledge that most of them have manufacturing facilities in the US and still meet their high quality standards.

I agree with DUE NORTH that the management framework sets the tone for quality, and US companies havn't caught on yet.

In refernce to the exempt/non-exempt status of the American workforce, it was bound to happen this way. The lines of distinction between our manufacturing and service based revenues are continuously changing. Organizations have been forced to become flatter, and the traditional production person is expected to handle some mamagement function. Good organizations would take the opportunity to get workers to fill production quotas and not 8-12 hour days. Therefore if it takes you over 40 hours in a week it was your management decision.

That said, most management of US firms sucks, and this good plan will, too, be abused and cause us to work longer and ride less.

12. WeaselBob

WeaselBob Well-Known Member

all I know is somebody's getting TOO much money and it ain't ME :D

13. mad brad

mad brad Guest

i love walking around the corporate office listening to people bitch about how much others make. these are the ones that will never get ahead. shame really.

14. WeaselBob

Boy, ya can't even make a joke around here without Mad Brad spouting off about his superiority. People with self esteem don't feel the need to brag and bash all the time. What's missing inside big boy? I guess that's why you spend your life here.

15. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

Gawd, I'm living in this world right now. We used to be "Privately" held, if our profit wasn't as high one as planned quarter but there were projects coming in the near future or if it was because we had just spent a load on R and D, then it was no big deal, the plan was longer term than that... Now, we are Publically held, if we aren't on plan every quarter it's time to stop spending (even if it's already been approved), no hiring (again, approved and NEEDED) and often temp layoffs for the hourly. They also like to move in work that is scheduled for later quarters to try to make that quarter look better, even though it ALWAYS costs more to do so. All in the name of giving the shareholders satisfaction. I understand what they are doing, but it is shortsighted, IMO. Next quarter, I'll be allowed to spend money for a little while then we'll repeat this again... Naturally it doesn't help that the economy is a little slow..

BTW, we are owned by a British company, so I don't believe this business model is the sole property of North American companies, I suspect it's like this for MOST public companies...

16. WeaselBob

I went thru that twice, really nice places to work before the change, hated the jobs after :Puke:

Finally screwed up the courage to go out on my own :clap:

17. mad brad

mad brad Guest

no dumb fuck, i was talking about MAC26's comment of union types crying to get paid more for doing less.

funny how you are always here too?

fuck you, and pay attention.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2003
  18. WeaselBob

I'm here cus biz suks right now but I still gotta stay near my work (lots of time to kill)

and I don't HAVE to pay attention in class anymore Sister Brad so I WON'T

19. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Sister Brad!?!?!?!:eek: I'm getting a chubby!! Talk about brad habits!!!

I SLAY ME!!!:D

20. mad brad

mad brad Guest

blah blah blah. your continues weak argument how i'm always here and have so many posts is dead. you are a bbs addict, now admit it.