1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mail you senator or Rep. IMMEDIATELY

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ZebProctor1, Jun 26, 2003.

1. WeaselBob

WeaselBob Well-Known Member

Look, Betty Ford wasn't a common drug addict, she was "just over medicated," so maybe I'm "just over posted" this week?

I can quit anytime I want to, you won't see me pawning things to pay my cable access bill.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2003
  2. WeaselBob

WeaselBob Well-Known Member

Wait, we should dress Gobert in a habit for Brad, cuz Brad says there's NUN better :D

3. Mac26

Mac26 Member

You're exactly exactly right in your first paragraph. Without the aggravation of Union politics, companies can concentrate on growth and developement instead of worrying about 'Joe getting shorted 1 minute of his break time'
    And yes Japanese car companies have assembly plants in the US, it's called Marketing. They sure as hell aren't putting them here to save in manufacturing costs.

4. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

quit blaming labor for crappy parts....

we have the best engineers ing the world....hey we went to the moon?? so design isn't the problem

The reason why you get inferior parts is cause there is some bean counter...trying to make a $4 part for 50 cents... and detroit loves profit...

just an FYI...Ford produces more pickups than Honda Civics, and Toyota Camrys combined last year.

5. ZebProctor1

ZebProctor1 Well-Known Member

6. mad brad

mad brad Guest

this is about as one-sided as it gets. would anyone care to bet the the president and the senate sit around saying "hmmmmm how can we fuck america's workers today?"

anyone but team atomic that is? :D

7. ZebProctor1

If this is just a rewriting of the existing law to make it more clear, as the article eludes to, then it's ok, I would like to actually see something from a nuetral third party on this....

8. mad brad

mad brad Guest

this is another example of CNN {clinton news network} whipping the people up trying to rally confidence in the democratic party. come on everyone. what's next? communism?

9. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Just T/A and the people who employ workers and want to save the $$ for themselves!!:D

Oh, and I've never heard of a greedy employer.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Rodger

10. mad brad

mad brad Guest

the fact is..... no one has the facts.

11. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

that is exactly what this bill is saying...must be an election year...looking for corporate support....

what itself is wrong with getting paid overtime?? if its such a problem hired more workers??

hey I didn't post this Darrin...all the labor unions....just go search on Google....for Bush and overtime pay.....

brad must be living in cornholeo's bunghole....

Last edited: Jul 11, 2003
  12. mad brad

mad brad Guest

brad must be a salaried employee. hey chuck, you ever get a job?

13. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

Bradley...working since january.... been salaried employee since college... only get comp time

wondering why the overtime thing needed a change...$$$$

14. DoctorDOver

DoctorDOver Well-Known Member

Brad you have to be the biggest FUCKING moron I have ever seen shut your fuckin cum catcher and wake the fuck up . Get your news from someone besides Rush Limbaugh and TBN . It is obvious that you are making way to much money doing what you do and have no idea what the real workin world is about . Not all of us are overpaid office bitches that sit on BBS's all fuckin day talking about the psycho left .

15. mad brad

mad brad Guest

blah blah blah blah blah blah.

16. ZebProctor1

http://www.sunspot.net/business/bal-te.bz.overtime15jul15,0,778541.story?coll=bal-home-headlines

# The department is proposing to update the Fair Labor Standards Act to say:

# Anyone earning $22,100 a year or less automatically qualifies for overtime. (This number is a large increase from the current threshold of $8,060 year and the biggest since the Fair Labor Standards Act was enacted in 1938.)

# Salaried workers earning more than $65,000 a year are exempt from overtime pay if they meet one of several job descriptions, such as performing office and non-manual work.

# Workers earning between $22,100 and $65,000 a year might be exempt from earning overtime pay, depending on the duties they perform.

What the hell are these people thinking??? This is complete bullshit!!!!! Who the hell thinks this is actually a good idea???

17. mad brad

mad brad Guest

since when do salaried sorkers get overtime pay?!?!

zeb, please stop reacting to knee-jerk media.

18. ZebProctor1

I am salaried, I get overtime, and I make over $65,000 a year......

19. mad brad

mad brad Guest

is it a bonus structure?

20. ZebProctor1