1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mail you senator or Rep. IMMEDIATELY

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ZebProctor1, Jun 26, 2003.

1. ZebProctor1

ZebProctor1 Well-Known Member

2. etemplet

etemplet Well-Known Member

Proud to be Union!! :D

Last edited: Jun 27, 2003
  3. crusty9r

crusty9r Human Lawn Dart

4. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

:eek:

This would make for some fun damage control....

5. Yeah, just because a leftist thinktank says it and MSNBC parrots it, it must be true! :Poke:

6. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

I have an idea. If the company you are working for won't pay overtime, either work only 40 hours or quit and get a new job :D .

7. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Yeah, and new jobs are so easy to find right now too!

Besides, only a lazy, communist/liberal/democratic employee would not freely give up his/her family/motorcycle time to work for the company for free. I say fuck 'em and let's revoke the minimum wage laws while we're at it. Workers suck!!!

Rodger

8. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

As soon as my employer starts giving away their products, I'll start giving away my time. Otherwise, if I work it, I get paid for it.

If you give it away, it ain't worth shit.

9. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

Kinda like advice given on the BBS.... ;)

10. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

The freaking study was done by labor unions... there's some trusworthy research. Freaking liberal lap dogs for the left wing. :rolleyes:

I'm a salaried "exec." and don't get overtime unless we bill me out as hourly for contracts but I get perks that the overtime folks don't get.

Unions are why so many of our jobs are in the hands of foreignors right now. Not all unions are bad but a few blew it for the rest. :rolleyes:

11. Shyster d'Oil

Its true John, b/t the liberal Supreme Court, the liberal media and the communist labor unions the left wing runs this country.

The right wing is finally getting this country back on its feet by allowing companies to refuse to pay over time. Its about time that the rich people who don't work stop getting screwed by lazy workers.

Rodger

12. mad brad

mad brad Guest

roger, you couldn't possibly be that warped. sounds like a troll to me. :D

13. ZebProctor1

ZebProctor1 Well-Known Member

The part that really disturbs me, is that the DOL is not allowing any debate over this, kinda makes me wonder why they're rushing this through....... And it's confusing as hell too, it sounds to me like they are trying to do away with the 40 hour work week, and give employers the chance to get 45-50 or more hours out of an employee without paying them overtime, and hell, they're salaried so they don't get anything but the same pay... and in the same paragraph it states how americans already work longer workdays than other countries...... it's confusing, I want to see some reliable information, and unless this is debated, we ain't going to get that between now and monday.....

14. Kevin Crauswell

Kevin Crauswell Well-Known Member

There are a lot of good posts here. A lot are on the right
    track in thier thinking. . so I will put my .2cents in :

I have been on salary for over twenty years.
    NO OVERTIME PAY. The employer will work the crap
    out of you , , , because you and the "Overtime" you put
    in is free. All you will get, is to keep a job for yourself.
    Hourly, , will soon be a thing of the past under the new
    rules. Count on it ! EVERYONE will be on salary. As to thehiring of new employees,this new reulling is to be promotting, , is total BULLSHIT !
    Why would your employee hire some new people when
    he has you doing MORE work, , NO overtime pay, thus
    you are doing much more and all of the reqired work
    for a lot less. ( ie fixed salary)

This does sound to be a bad idea.
    THE RICH MAN UP ! POOR MAN STAYS DOWN !
    Take from those who are working and give it to those
    who don't or won't. Sounds like liberal commi crap to me.
    But then again. . . the average American person has lost
    control a long time ago and my never get it back.

Ok. I will stop now and step down from my soap box.

15. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Dammit Rodger, you were doing so good in that first sentence then you hit the time and a half clock and went all stupid in the second sentence. :D :p

Seriously, I don't really like what I read with the proposed changes.

16. Shyster d'Oil

17. flagboy

flagboy Well-Known Member

I haven't read the specifics on these new rules, but let me share my own experience.

For years I worked in a position, with Arlington County, which paid me overtime. Now that would have been great, except for the fact that there was no money to pay us overtime.
    We begged to be converted from overtime to compensatory leave, because some weeks we needed to work 50-55 hours, and some weeks we could have worked 20.
    It would have ultimately saved the County money, and would have given us extra vacation to use. But, since we were non-exempt employees, there was no way it could happen.

If these new rules stipulate other compensation and not just forcing you to work more hours for less money, well that sounds all good.

Otherwise F@ck The Bastards! :D

18. mad brad

mad brad Guest

so... does this mean when i'm talking to my slime-ball lawyer, he can no longer charge me for the extra time?

:p

:D

19. Shyster d'Oil

Yes and no. there is no such thing as overtime for lawyers. For instance, if you have a huge rush case and I work sixty hours in one week, I bill you for sixty hours at the standard rate with no allowance for time and a half.

However, the cheapest way to go is to have a good buddy who's a lawyer and have him do the work for free or for beers.;) (Or whatever his poison is!)

Photos of the beach??????????????????????????????

Rodger

20. mad brad

mad brad Guest

don't think so. maybe when i get back. ;)