1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kickstarting the winter debate series: Mladin's Legacy

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Nov 18, 2008.

1. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

While I don't think we can say Mat is the best of all time, I don't fualt Suzuki at all. They did what the rest of the field should have done. Mat's stats in the 90-95 range would put him at best all time.

The rest of the teams have let Mat down. I'm not saying he couldn't have done the same thing, but that 98 grid is so packed with talent, most racers would be afraid to be an umbrella girl on the grid, not to mention planning on racing in it.

2. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

8 at Daytona, (Spencer) 7 the rest of the season.
    Merkel, Baldwin, Wise, McDonald and Bettencourt are listed in the program as Honda or Honda Support. Roberto Pietri is listed as Vance and Hines on a Honda. Wasn't Dave Aldana part of the Honda crew, also?

3. cattitori

cattitori Code SuperBike Galactic *

Yup.

Will he return next year to DMG club SBK?, is a great follow up.

4. Fireball

Fireball Well-Known Member

Lawson contested only three years and won the championship all three times. His 1980 championship was taken away several months later for riding on the bike that his team mate had officially entered.
    The Kawasaki he rode was less powerful and did not handle as well as the Suzuki's and Honda's but he still prevailed.