1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keto Diet

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Nov 1, 2017.

1. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Duh.
    I let that woman touch me all over.

brex and rocalotopus like this.
  2. rocalotopus

rocalotopus thick member

BigBird likes this.
  3. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

On the hydration front. I keep a gallon of water in my truck when driving. I usually throw a couple (or more) packs of lemon juice concentrate in it (realemon) .

BigBird likes this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

rocalotopus likes this.
  5. :confused:

What in the rainbow sporting, pride parading, manpon shoving, skinny jeaned hipster hell is this bullshit?

:crackup:

Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  6. BigBird

BigBird blah

Hey I'm 5'8 not 6'13 like you [emoji23]

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

7. :crackup:

8. CausticYarn

Local co-ops usually carry them too if you don't like to wait two days. I grab them when I am being lazy. They just have more carbs than I care for. The only carbs I want to drink come with my booze.

BigBird likes this.
  9. BigBird

BigBird blah

good to know. i guess if you dilute it more, it wouldn't be as effective, but it will be less carbs per oz.

10. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

This has worked for my wife for the last 20+ years. She's 5'11" and 140, with about 18-19% body fat, and she can perform athletically at a very high level. Her brother (and now her 20 y.o. nephew) are the same.

The thing is, it doesn't work for everyone. When we got together I got on her schedule, but it was just too much food for me, even eating the right foods. I felt sluggish all the time. After 6 months I gave up.

I can't remember the name of the guy from JRE who was doing keto, it worked great for him, but not so good for his wife. This was while monitoring blood sugar after every meal to see the body's reaction. There's no doubt that refined carbs are bad for the body on some level. We were just not designed to eat all that shit.

Most of the time when people cut carbs and lose weight, it's not because they are cutting carbs, it's because the food they are replacing the carbs with is probably more "whole" and less calorie dense. A snack size bag of chips and a 4oz chicken breast both have the same calorie count. Much harder to feel full after that little bag of chips, though.

Gorilla George and Pitmom42 like this.
  11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Ok I just got here. What happened what now?

12. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

This one time, at band camp ...

13. CausticYarn

I let my lady doc feel me up and my cholesterol panel makes her giddy.

rocalotopus and Gorilla George like this.
  14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You're painting with too broad of a brush. You're also confusing keto with a calorie restricted diet. The ultimate goal is metabolic flexibility. It's much easier to attain with a keto/fat-adapted lifestyle than it is with a carb heavy SAD.

What it ultimately comes down to is blood sugar. If you're eating carbs every three hours all day, your blood sugar is a freaking roller coaster. All day it's: hunger, blood sugar spike, insulin rush, crash, hunger, repeat. When you're on this ride, and you reduce calories, since your body thinks the only place it can get energy is glucose, it will slow itself way down. If you're fat-adapted, you can keep the metabolism up and draw on stored fat just as readily as you can dietary fat. Most people on Keto report MORE energy, not less. Just the opposite of a calorie restricted SAD.

The reason you see people fail is because they're weak and cannot resist the lure of the SAD marketing. Look around and you'll see EVERYTHING is loaded with bullshit carbs and misinformation.

rocalotopus likes this.
  15. Gino230

The reason people fail is because CARBS TASTE FUCKING GREAT!

(Unless you're Broome, but I believe we've already established that he doesn't count for purposes of this discussion.)

badmoon692008 and Gorilla George like this.
  16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Carbs do taste fucking great. But like Joe has brought up on multiple occasions on JRE, people need to quit being weak pussies and stop trading a few seconds of happy mouth feel for lifetimes of unhealthy misery.

Gino230 likes this.
  17. Gino230

What about that Paleo Bake House that is always putting that box of donuts pic on Instagram? Anyone ever tried it? What is it? Has to be made with fake sugar of some kind?

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I don't know. Every once in a while I'll make a mug cake with almond flour or coconut flour, cocoa powder, and egg, butter, and some stevia, but I generally try to avoid the artificial sweeteners because any "sweet" taste tends to get the cravings going.

IMHO, it's best to just eat meats and veggies, and leave all the replacement crap out.

BigBird likes this.
  19. Pictures or it didn’t happen. :D

brex likes this.
  20. I take in a ton of carbs, am not miserable, am perfectly healthy inside and out, and you’d be hard pressed to find a motherfucker with more energy.

The only thing I don’t like when talking about the various fad diets, regardless of what they are, is how often times people talk in absolutes.

“You shouldn’t eat _____ because of _____ and if you do eat _____, then this will happen and you will feel _____ and your body will struggle to ______”.

Fill in the _____ with carbs, fats, meats, fruit, dairy, gluten, so on and so forth, depending which diet someone chooses to follow.

Regardless of the diet someone chooses to follow, they all have “science” to back them up and support their statements. But yet there are millions of people all over the world who eat _____ and are healthy, strong, happy, etc. and have “science” to backup their choice also.

At the end of the day, there is more than one way to skin a cat. If something works for someone, by all means go for it. But that doesn’t mean it is the only way to do it, or even the “right” way to do it.

Gino230 and BigBird like this.