1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keto Diet

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Bruh, are you like 5'1"?

:D

When most people tell me they are stuck at 151lbs, Ill tell them to reduce their cardio, increase their weights and lower their reps, then take a hard look at their protein (and overall caloric) intake. If they are stuck at 151lbs, they may have a ridiculously high metabolism, which will take some good effort to overcome.

BigBird likes this.
  2. On a more serious note, keep in mind your weight fluctuates. Your weight can change as much as 5-8lbs throughout the day, depending on meal times and your hydration levels.

I say that because I noticed the 0.4 at the end of your weight. If you are paying THAT close attention to your weight, you will need to have a routine of eating your last meal of the day at the same time every evening, then weighing yourself immediately after you wake up, while in your underwear (or nekkid, depending on how you sleep :D), after taking a piss, before getting dressed, and before drinking or eating anything.

You may already be doing that, I just thought I would mention it. If you are carrying your weight out to the tenths, then you are obviously paying close attention to it. I don't want you to be disappointed if you see a different number, that is actually perfectly normal because of the time of day.

BigBird likes this.
  3. BigBird

BigBird blah

Yeah I pretty much have a exact time when I weigh myself, so that's consistent. I did lose another pound today so at 150.4, scale is fairly accurate.

I did coach pitch 3 innings of 1/2nd grade softball yesterday, usually the head coach does it but he wasn't there.

So maybe there's something to the exercise thing. I will have to find a way to try to do some exercises that will not pain me for the rest of the day.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

Mostly just eating fewer carbs for the most part. I really didn't want to start to plan my meals too far out in advance.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

5. Have you seen the bicycles that have handles? Usually they have a big fan as the front wheel. They are used in Crossfit competitions.

You can try using one of those, but don't use your feet. Just use your arms. That will keep stress off your hip.

Also keep in mind that just walking in exercise. It doesn't have to be fast, or even uphill. You can walk a steady, natural pace, even for just 30min every day and will do some good.

BigBird likes this.
  6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

What about the rehab exercises for your gym injuries? What do they consist of?

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

Mostly core training.

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Like what? I was hoping to gauge the level of activity/stress you’re able to handle.

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

things like bridges and squats for the most part. mowing the lawn with my self-propelled mower.

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

If you can do squats then you should be fine. What kind of shape are you in? Could you run a mile if you had to? How many push-ups and pull-ups can you do?

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

they tell me to do squats, but I stopped them a while ago.

not great shape. mile no. push-ups 5, pull-ups 1 :\

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

:crackup: I weighed 151 when I was like 14.

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

BigBird likes this.
  14. I really have no room to talk, I could weigh-in at 153lbs in college (normal walking around weight was 162).

15. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

• What's your pitch count?
    • Will be be able to bring you in for relief again today?

ChemGuy likes this.
  16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Rob’s a catcher, looking for a pitcher?

NTTAWWT

ChemGuy likes this.
  17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

So how’d you do?

18. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

The first go around went well. I actually didn't drink that much, maybe 3 Old Fashions I think. Didn't notice any ill affects the next day. A couple days later I may have gone slightly overboard and spent my entire Sunday in the fetal position wondering why it was so bright inside even with all the windows covered.

Going to need to experiment at a level somewhere in between those two extremes I think.

BigBird likes this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've found that going into the bar knowing you'll be taking Uber home can be bad too...

20. BigBird

BigBird blah

Sounds like a good time then :D

Week 4 now: So I've gotten down to 150.2 (damn scale will not give me a 149.9 ) and have pretty much been stable at 151. First thing in the AM glucose at 84-87. Within this last week, I've kind of backed off "the everything has to Keto approved" mentality for now. Still keeping a vague mental count, but not beating myself up if I splurge a little or eat something that I enjoyed, especially with the family outings. Moderation and just the knowledge I have now, I fell better, physically and mentally, knowing what to look out for, but also not depriving myself totally of things.