1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just need to get something off my chest

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by medicracer, Apr 10, 2004.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:confused:

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I adapted my language to the situation. I still believe he means well. He is completely clueless on this and has shown some serious ignorance, but it seems to be coming from a good place.:D

3. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

You can call me Rodger.

4. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Roger, Roger...

5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

It's great that you want to help people, but you need to see the difference between offering your hand and demanding someone take it.

Advice is something people seek, not something to offer unwanted. The mental tricks one uses to cope with life vary greatly, yours are not appropriate for everyone else.

If Papa asked you for support or help or advice, it would be appropriate to offer them, insisting he look at the world through your glasses is offensive, even if you are trying to help him. His reality is not yours, just accept it and move on.

It's no different than your view of surviving your accident as some divine intervention as opposed to other's view that it was just the result of circumstance.

6. medicracer

medicracer mostly luriking nowdays

if i am not right or happy or whatever, i feel it would be appropriate for someone to try and give me some advice or new prospective on things.
    so you are telling me that if someone you knew, whether friend or acquantince came up to you and said that he/she was upset and wanted to hurt themselves, but didn't want you to do anything, you would sit there and do nothing?
    see i guess what separates me from THE WHOLE world is that i am willing to look at other ppl's point's of view and hopefuilly take something form it and apply it to my life.
    let me ask you a question. have you ever been sad?
    so have i, to me that means we have something in common. but 2 u , it would have to be different, b/c u are wealthier than i?

7. WeaselBob

WeaselBob Well-Known Member

did you know anything about Papa's before offering advice?

8. WeaselBob

WeaselBob Well-Known Member

hell just froze over I am in full agreement with you :D

9. cinderella

cinderella Guest

Riiiiiiight. Like you felt it was appropriate when I called attention to the fatal flaws in your approach to the matter of injured and disabled people?

Seriously, you really ought to shut up now, while people still think of you as "well-meaning but clueless". For your own good. Seriously.

=c.

10. medicracer

oh yes, oh RIGHTEOUS AND SUPREME ONE.

11. cinderella

cinderella Guest

Well, it's about TIME you saw the light! :D

12. medicracer

please allow me to bow to your feet.
    atleast till midnight when we find out the real truth about you.

13. cinderella

cinderella Guest

You may indeed bow to my feet. Though you might not want to bow too low; these are yesterday's socks.

Midnight? At midnight, I turn into something EVEN MORE OBNOXIOUS. Sure you want to be there for that? :D

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I believe this would be the time for me to mention that you can't handle the truth....

15. medicracer

i can handle any truth.
    as far as smelly socks go, how bout a good dose of me after some skyline chili.

disclaimer: i wouldn't bow to anyone's feet EVER, for any situation. ;)

16. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Still single, eh?

17. I believe this would be the time for me to mention that you can't handle the truth....

That's why he uses religion as a crutch

18. Hmm. In your post that started this dumb thread, you said:

If you put someone above you, it's no different than bowing down to them.

So are you now recanting your original statement?

You say you can handle any truth, but it seems you can't even handle your own viewpoint.

:Poke:

19. medicracer

if you are going to try and QUOTE me, use the whole quote.
    and to clarify what i was saying; i was trying to use an analogy. this is common practice in the english laguage.
    to speak in elementary english.
    we should hold the immortal in higher regard than the immortal.

lastly, looking up to someone and bowing down to them are 2 separate things.
    :Poke:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2004
  20. medicracer

through my own choice. ;)