1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just need to get something off my chest

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by medicracer, Apr 10, 2004.

1. medicracer

medicracer mostly luriking nowdays

how and why is it that this nation has become sooooo PC that MLK, a mere mortal, has more clout and pull than Jesus Christ?
    i mean, i get paid holiday pay for working on just some guys birthday, but i don't get holiday pay for working on jesus' resurrection!!!!! WTF??!!!?!?!?!? :mad:

now, don't get me wrong, i am not against MLK, or what he has done millions and millions of ppl., but when ppl that he ended helping and changing their lives, downplay what he did for them, then y should i hold him in high regard? i can't stand it when ppl complain about racism and all it's affects, and how "african-americans" were persecuted 150+ yrs ago. LET IT GO ALREADY!!!!
    YOU CANNOT MOVE FORWARD WITHOUT LETTING GO OF THE PAST!!!!!!
    and let's put the immortal on a pedestal and not the mortal.

now that i am done sounding like a priest, i am done venting.
    :beer:

2. Zionist conspiracy. :D

3. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

Missed that whole seperation of church and state thing huh? OK...back to elementary social studies class for you.

4. medicracer

medicracer mostly luriking nowdays

yes, and when i was in elementary school, easter was a big holiday, and ppl got paid holiday pay if they had to work it. it has been only recently that i recall the holiday being stricken from the list of holidays business recognize.

5. lil_kim

lil_kim Well-Known Member

i went to see Jesus Christ Superstar last night at the local WV actors guild last nite does that count? :beer:
    the play's a bit radical, i know, but it was the only easter thing going on in parkersburg. :rolleyes:

6. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

Depends on the business. My wife works for a financial institution...do they EVER work? I get about 9 paid holidays. I'd rather move to England. 6 weeks of vacation to start, low pay, and women with bad teeth. What's not to like???

7. jeffrop

jeffrop Well-Known Member

I got paid for Good Friday...you jus workin for the wrong place yo! ;)

8. K.Lancaster

K.Lancaster Well-Known Member

Hitler once said, take away their rights slowly and it will go unnoticed! Or something to that effect? At least in our country we have the right to voice our opinion to oppose or to applaud what our leaders do. Its funny, most of the people that do have the loudest voices that speak up are the ones we make make the most fun of!

Not to get too political, but the whole reason for the church state thing was to keep the gov't from telling the churches what they could and could not do to avoid religious persecutions. It wasn't meant to erase In God we Trust as a nation.

Oh well, my 2 cents

9. WeaselBob

WeaselBob Well-Known Member

it's a vast slippery-slope conspiracy from the right. or is it the left? middle? oh hell it's gotta be somebody!!! :D:D:D

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Dude, at least there is video evidence that MLK existed.;)
    Anyway, happy Easter. :beer:

11. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Re: Re: just need to get something off my chest

:D

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Re: Re: Re: just need to get something off my chest

damn instigators...
    :)

13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

So how is it we have a holiday honoring the Reverend MLK, a noted religious leader?

14. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Damn, don't get them going Mike!
    Anyways, the Reverend part of MLK's name is just about as relevant as the Reverend in front of Jesse Jackson's and Al Sharpton's names. :p
    See you in two weeks.

15. atspeed

atspeed Praying Member

Missed it again didn't you

There is no such animal

Furthermore, we were granted freedom OF religion NOT freedom FROM religion.

16. mrussell

mrussell Staff

You were granted the free execise of religion.

I was granted the freedom FROM religion because the Government is barred from establishing it.

17. atspeed

atspeed Praying Member

Simple reading of the Constitution so many idiots attempt to quote explains OF

So as long as 1 person has a religious belief you will NOT be free FROM because the same rights are granted to a believing world

18. mrussell

mrussell Staff

jesus h. christ, that was weird.

19. blueduc37

blueduc37 Well-Known Member

I have to ask: h. ?

20. Harold