1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is your kid a boy, girl or future mental inmate?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sheepofblue, Jul 19, 2018.

1. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Future hard core republicans when the kids hit their rebellious years :D

sheepofblue and Phl218 like this.
  3. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

I don't understand this.
    Do they just keep anatomy books away from their children????
    We pretty much let our oldest wear and play with whatever she wants - but she has known her gender since she could look at picture books - because we provide anatomy books to our children so they know how their bodies function (although now the blond one giggles at the boy parts and makes fart jokes - which are all part of normal development). How would these people explain menstruation to a girl that decided she was a boy. Or explain to a boy that decided he was a girl that he couldn't have a baby? Do they just avoid all of these conversations???

I understand supporting an older child that KNOWS they are different...but this...this is bizarre...raising them to be confused as fuck and targeted for destruction in school.

K51000 likes this.
  4. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

The parts of the psychiatric industry that support this stuff are geniuses. They are assuring themselves a stead stream of customers for many, many years to come. Sadly, I believe that those who manufacture confusion will take resources away from people who actually suffer from gender dysphoria.

speeddaddy likes this.
  5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

If the boy wants to be a girl he is required to smash his junk with a hammer once a month. After all if your are a girl you have to bleed. If the girl wants to be a boy she can stuff something in her shorts that will never stay in one place and will always fall into the most uncomfortable position possible and will at random times for years just stiffen at the slightest breeze at the most inappropriate times.

Those are the rules. I didn't make them up so don't shoot the messenger.

6. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I share your confusion and find all of this a bit weird.

My understanding is that academia has decided that gender is a state of mind, and sex is what plumbing you have and the two don't have match.

7. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

And they think a toddler understands that?

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

9. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

My opinion of academia is that they are too busy thinking to think.

10. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Toddlers may not understand, but some can already exhibit signs I'd argue. We (the adults) all "knew" my nephew was gay by 2. FFW - turns out (s)he likes girls but not so much being a boy. Having seen this play out, I'm inclined to believe the science that believes there are multiple markers for gender within our DNA and our genitals and brain don't always get a matching set. That said, my nephew's situation was handled horribly on many fronts and I think caused a greater pendulum swing once he got HS age.

Edit: btw, I think any methodology or "school of thought" on how to raise your individual kid is stupid. Raise the kid you have, not some hypothetical kid that exists in lab conditions.

11. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Last night I watched a great talk on this. It was Steven Crowder's Change My Mind series. It's the, I believe in two genders - change my mind part 2.
    It was a really great debate for the second half. A young woman who knew her science pretty well was able to bring a strong case against Crowder. In my opinion, she won that one. The first half is a she/he who just talks about feelings, but the good part is the next one that knew her material. Basically it boiled down to a debate of outlier vs part of the biological spectrum. I gotta say...I lean towards this girl's thoughts on it.
    Anyway, go check it out it's worth it. Be sure that you are watching part 2, and ffwd to the 2nd person.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  12. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

So, my younger brother's kid, they wanted to dress in all black at first for similar reason - no assumptions. That lasted all of about 3 minutes.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Screw all of them. Kids should get no freedom, they're kids. Your job is to raise them. You decide on clothes, you decide on hair length. Giving them no structure on the little things fucks with them, they crave structure even if they get bitchy. It's part of being a parent. Do it right and by the time they're teens they can get more freedom and can make bad choices within reason that they learn from.

14. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Hell, I was confused for years and thought that I was dying because I figured rigor mortis was sitting in every time I got a bone on. I finally figured out that it was good for something. :D

15. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

From what I've experienced, and understood, children really don't think much about whether they're male or female up for the first few years of their life. However, they increasingly begin to wonder why their body parts are different than some of their little friends so they become curious. "I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours" so to speak. At that point in their life it's the parents, and in some ways society's, responsibility to imprint on kids how to be male or female. That's the way it should work and it has always been that way. Only recently has a small part of society began to think in perverted ways. Personally, I think it's dangerous as hell to allow a child to think they can be something different than they are because most of them will go through life as miserable as hell.

I wonder if, growing up hearing those magic words, "you can be anything that you want to be" some kids get confused and think that means that they can be someone of the opposite sex, or a different color, etc.. :D

16. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

So funny you mention that. I think that's really one of those fairy tale BS stories kids hear and damn well don't need to. If you REALLY want to be an astronaut, then work your ass off towards it. HOWEVER, plan for reality first. No, don't make it plan A, then plan B if it fails. Make it plan B, but plan A is for what's most realistic.

Example: my daughter is a very good athlete. She's VERY GOOD at baseball, and I'd honestly say national, top-tier, level softball. However, she LOVES volleyball. She's good at it. However, we're both realistic and know she's not GREAT at it. She's 5'8" at best, and built for pure, brutal, strength. Her vertical jump MIGHT be 1' on her best day. She won't stand a chance in volleyball. Softball though, even though she doesn't love it, will have college coaches from schools all across the country wanting her to play for them. Regardless of what she really loves to do, she knows what she was built for and is pushing forward getting her college paid for through those means. I've always said she can do what she wants, but let's be realistic and face the facts vs filling her head with fantasy. On that same note, she loves art and wants to do something with that in her career. Again, I've told her it's damn near impossible to make a GOOD living at art. Possible, just not probable. So, make your major something that will guarantee you a good job, but keep on working towards your passion as plan B. She's now leaning towards physical therapy.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  17. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Yes and no...there is definitely money to be made in commercial art - graphic design, interior design, UI/UX design, etc., but not so much art for art's sake. The explosion of media channels, competition in brands, amount of content being consumed has kept the design industry growing big time.

18. sheepofblue

You don't get it because you are rational (well not sheep rational but there is hope one day...) These people are bat shit crazy and trying to raise their kids to be worse.

19. sheepofblue

Can I just hit myself with a hammer instead?

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

By all means.

sheepofblue likes this.