1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is your kid a boy, girl or future mental inmate?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sheepofblue, Jul 19, 2018.

1. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

By some idiots yes but most men do not care for the wilting flower act, at least of the people I know. Personally if you were on my team once the house was out I would turn the hose on the morons ripping my fellow firefighter AND tell them why.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

By a small percentage of idiots. Not by all or even most men - real men have no problem with strong women. We also know about history and matriarchal societies and so on...

Lots of people are stupid. Always have been always will be. Pay more attention to those who aren't making idiotic comments than the handful who do.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Because the discussion of challenges facing men by stupid people - especially on here - tends to denigrate women to a huge degree. So why wouldn't it circle around? Hell, even without that, you're talking about a discussion of the oppression of a specific sex, so that discussion should include oppression of the other sex. It's a discussion about oppression after all.

4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I say we should all ban together to improve the lives of women everywhere. Are you with me? #endwomenssufferage

GRH likes this.
  5. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

This right here.

I am surrounded by VERY strong women between working in a matriarchal industry and my work at the Air Force Academy. Strong women put money in my pocket, support my clients, and help manage me and my success. I dont understand why that is threatening to some men.

I find a large portion of women's complaints to ring hollow but I also see things that validate some of what I hear. Example: one of my closest friends is regarded across the company as "outspoken" or "having no filter" and "strong willed"
    However, she does not speak or act any differently than the men around us, yet she gets those labels. The only difference I can find is her gender.

Manspreading complaints might be silly but stuff like this is wrong.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

What are we going to ban?

7. Fonda Dix

upload_2018-7-20_9-49-32.jpeg

Deodorant party!!

8. G 97

G 97 Garth

Sorry but peeps like this are mental. There is nothing wrong with boys being boys and girls being girls. Each should be encouraged and supported. But the notion that a girls can be a boy, or a boy can be a girl by choice is simply a mental deranged belief. It’s bad enough parts of our government and even public schools have started to adopt this sickness. Why should anyone be subjected to this derangement.

sheepofblue and Phl218 like this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ummmm - no.

You hate women as much as anyone on here I've ever seen :crackup:

BTW - men like your friend are called assholes, you just don't notice that label...

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

I have no problem with strong woman. I think the issue comes in when a strong woman type starts to put down males while making it a feminist power type of issue. These woman are whackos. I got no time for this.

But the strong woman types have always been a stable force in my family. From Gmas, to Mom to my sister, to nieces. Why would any reasonable objective guy want it any other way.

11. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Truth

12. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Since I have no first hand knowledge i asked my daughters, age 20 and 22. They are more concerned about their efforts being discredited due to rhe fact that they are female and are getting perceived benefits because of whiney 3rd wave feminists than whether or not some inbred neanderthal trys to tell them they do not belong...

13. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

I too was a firefighter.
    In TX, we never treated the female FF's that way. Sorry you've had to put up with any of that.

Why can't you be a FF, AND a model? ;-) Just saying that you could if you wanted to?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  14. Fonda Dix

This confuses me. In my post my friend is a woman.

15. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

If your friend was a man (s)he'd simply be called an asshole and no one would care, because (s)he's male and deserved of criticism..... A criticized female (or anyone not "white male") is considered oppressed or downtrodden by such words.

:D

16. Fonda Dix

Now I get it. Thanks!

Brad likes this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wow, I have to translate that?

Okay....

"one of my closest friends is regarded across the company as "outspoken" or "having no filter" and "strong willed" - and you say because she is female she gets those labels.

I say if that exact same friend were male and acted the exact same that friend would be called an asshole. The difference is men are okay with being called an asshole. Some even wear it as a badge of honor.

Strong women would never have an issue with being called outspoke, having no filter, or strong willed. Those things are not negatives as you portray them to be. Just as strong men are fine with being called an asshole.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Sometimes, assholes tell themselves that people call them assholes because they are strong men. :D

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nothing wrong with being strong in your assholeness :D

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I didn't mean to imply that the self-assessment of strength was always accurate. Just saying it's something people tell themselves to avoid facing reality. Don't tell me you've never met a "strong man" (or woman) who was nothing but an asshole. :D