1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is your kid a boy, girl or future mental inmate?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sheepofblue, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

And those are the avenues I'm trying to find for her. Honestly I don't know what to really look for as far as majors though. I know she doesn't want anything to do with animation, media, and 3d computer stuff like game design. She took an animation course in high school and said, "No more!" She just loves drawing and is pretty dang good at it.

2. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I will be plotting your demise while working on the grass tonight...

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

And I shall plot my evasion as I edge 900 lf of walkway and curb. Enjoy your meal.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I'm starting to think that a big part of this is the demonization that the male of the species has been on the receiving end as of late.

The more you trying to shame and put men down for being men, the more likely you'll end up having little boys not wanting to grow up to be them. And mark my words this is to the ultimate folly of this society.

No empire lasts very long when there isn't a strong/empowered masculine underpinning to hold it up and keep out the invaders. Liberals are making us ripe for eventual takeover. "Toxic" masculinity is what forged this country and allows you to sleep soundly in your bed and enjoy all the freedoms you have any dozens and dozens of countries can only dream about.

5. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

You sound like my mom and her father.

6. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

The war on men is real. Good to see others recognizing it.

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

If I'm honest its not really been happening to me personally, but I see it happening out there. I'm not naive enough to believe that as long as I'm manly/alpha/aloof enough I won't be on the receiving end of it at some point, maybe....but in reality its just not been my personal experience, I've not generally ever been chastised for being unapologetically masculine. Maybe they thought I was an asshole after the fact, but to my face, no.

If anything I see the wishy-washy'ness of (not all, but a significant number of) the male generations behind me and it gives me concern. They aren't like their fathers and uncles and grandfathers from the perspective of work ethic, stoicism, grit, mettle, etc etc ....and worse they see nothing wrong with it.

8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

9. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The comments are telling.

11. Phl218

Phl218 .

While i admire their idealism for equalizing opportunities for their kids, they’re completely nuts for running this agenda as radical and outside of the herd. Oh wait. The herd is being dismantled on all ends. Never mind.

12. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Dear God, it's worse than in here. They're all literally arguing to show how smart they are... while completely ignoring the entire article. At least as much as I could take.

With that said, that was a great article.

13. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

I am not going to negate anything you said - because strong men are needed. Raising whelps is going to turn out very bad for society.

But - women have been traditionally written out of history and men given the credit for their work. That is not fiction.

A 16 year old girl named Sybil rode twice as far as Paul Revere during the revolutionary war to warn of an impending attack. Margaret Hamilton hand wrote the source code to get Apollo 11 to the moon.
    Sally Halterman was the first woman allowed to get a motorcycle license - women weren’t even allowed to fucking drive. We couldn’t vote, we couldn’t purchase property - we were seen as demure little servants to our husbands. Even badass bitches like Cleopatra and Joan of arc are painted as little women...when they weren’t.

There are stories of women cutting their hair and dressing like men all throughout history to fight next to their brothers and husbands. There are queens and female generals back to before modern history that have led troops into battle and defeated the enemy soldiers.

It is rare that you find someone who knows any of this or even cares. They only care that modern women are out of their place. The recent push to recognize woman for their work has reintroduced women into the pages of history - and I am way okay with feminism doing that. What I am not okay with - is the emasculation of our men. We can be strong and fight for a place without making men bow at our feet (unless they want that, because face it, there are freaks of all kinds). Men can likewise be respectful of strong women without being threatened by them and taking credit for their work.

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I won't discount what you stated. I take issue with the sins of history being made part of my burden. YMMV.

K51000, sheepofblue and cav115 like this.
  15. CausticYarn

It isn’t just history though. We aren’t allowed to be strong currently - we are derided, called dykes and butch, feminatzis, sluts, slags, whores - all because we want to stand up and not follow tradition.

If I go on a fire scene with one of our neighboring departments - they openly make comments about my place. It isn’t history - it’s now. I belong holding their hose - not the fire hose - despite me testing out every two years in the ability test. I can do it, it’s just not my place.

I got asked why I wasn’t a model the other day - “because I am a firefighter.”

There are extremes on all sides of this equation - my decision to become something that isn’t a traditional female role has been met with objection the entire way. The extreme ends of the feminist spectrum and the man hating are absolutely insane... but just because you don’t experience it or see it personally, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

16. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

I only got about half way through the comments, but this sentiment came up a few times, and I thought this was the best said:

"If I was to define toxic femininity, I would mention over-nurturing and hypo-agency."

I'm a school teacher and have always taught well-off kids. I see this "over-nurturing" on a daily basis. These mothers, who only want to do what's best for their special flower, simply crush their child's blossoming independence. The kids don't respect them, and instead use them when convenient, like when they forget an assignment or sleep in. Just call mom, she'll lie through her teeth to the school administration. Shamelessly, I might add.

They are a force to be reckoned with. God help any man who gets in the way of momma bear ensuring that her cub's eighth grade lacrosse team experience isn't perfect, or at least better than that of his much more talented teammates'.

Now that my girls are both school going age, I see these tendencies in my wife being brought out by the incessant texting among peer mothers quibbling over the most inane detail of their little snookum's life.

The latest: Billy didn't get into the dual language immersion program (assigned by lottery), so lawyer mon draws up a legal action, texts all the other moms to find out who else didn't get in, and goes in guns blazing to the brand new principal (literally first week on the job) to demand that their kids get in.

And just to be sure I'm not misunderstood: God bless mothers. They are, without doubt, the most beautiful thing on the planet. But their is a terrible side to that beauty.

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I don't think I even hinted that it didn't or doesn't exist. However, just as you don't want to be painted with a broad brush, neither do I. There are assholes and there are bitches. Not everyone fits the extremes.

cav115 likes this.
  18. CausticYarn

That is fucking tragic.
    If there is one thing I will instill in my children - it's that I am not going to bail them out for their mistakes. They will take responsibility for themselves and manage their own lives.
    Darren recently made me aware that I was being a bit overprotective not letting the girls out of my sight in the yard. So I let go of the rope and let them at it. That's why it's awesome to have a partner in crime to remind you when you are being a dumb ass.

I never hinted that it was okay to paint men with a broad brush either. I specifically stated that the way men were being treated by the extremists was wrong. It has nothing to do with you personally.

If women weren't there in history to stand up and say "what the fuck, yo?" I'd still be bringing dern his slippers and vacuuming in pearls. That would be my only option - right now I can choose to do that.

19. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Ever notice that the discussion of the challenges facing men always circles back to the oppression of women. Like a boomerang.

20. CausticYarn

Because you all deserve to cower under our feet like the absolute piles of dog crap you are.

Happy?

Have a good day. I have too much to deal with than listening to your whining and mewling about being downtrodden by women. Poor you. The pendulum is swinging the in the other direction and you can’t handle it. Boo fucking who.

I am going to go concentrate on staying alive. Check it.