1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If the administration's war on Iraq has begun...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Rat, Mar 19, 2003.

1. mad brad

mad brad Guest

simply amazing. he has dodged the question all over this board. {so have the other clowns}. funny how teamatomic and roger doyle won't answer it either.

2. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

I'm not hostile but I get a little frustrated by your posts.
    Since you are so against our President I took your question as to where he would be going as an attack on his courage. If you were just trying to find out where to send your letters of support it didn't come across that way.
    You did try to dodge the question, go read your responses. After 4 or 5 dodges you say you forgot the question, I think accusing you of a short attention span was very generous.
    You said I insulted you and called you names, I didn't. When I called you a liar I meant it in the most accurate way.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

RSdaddy-O has the right to his opinion. I may think it's warped, brilliant, or bunk but he has the right to it and to express it. He gets more sh@t about it then most anyone this side of a GW but still stands up for his beliefs. I have to respect that, even if I don't agree with his beliefs.
    Lighten up everyone, this is a F@#king BBS for christs sake, not the friggen U.N.

Damn, did that post come from me? I guess I need coffee. :)

4. Joss

Joss F3 Dabbler

No, Dave.

He is welcome ot his beliefs, but he didn't stand up for his beliefs. That is what he dodged.

To the rest of us, prevailing by debate over RSDad is pretty pointless... since he refuses to debate.... and meaningless too, as we see now.

In closing, though, that comment about the President retiring to beat his wife was disgusting. It says more about RSDad than any of us could.

5. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

Thanks for the support Dave. We might disagree on pretty much everything political but your views seem to be well-intentioned, fact based and well thought out.

I'm not sure what your 'brothers' want. As you say, I get more crap than most anybody for my willingness to express my views and I also get crap for 'dodging'. Maybe they mean 'draft-dodger'. ;)

6. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

Here Dave, have some of my homemade espresso-rocket-fuel.

I think being a pacifist is the toughest position to defend, take’s real courage to continually stand up to the onslaught.

I'll never understand some of the reactions around here, why so many go ballistic at a divergent point of view.

I may be wrong, but to me the anger indicates fear. If you’re secure in your beliefs an opposing viewpoint shouldn’t trigger hostility. Sounds like the homophobes when a gay man propositions them :D

7. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

Go read the rest of the posts. Beating. Pounding. Celebratory screwing like you get on your anniversary, birthday, when you invade a country.

Lighten up.

I answered the question. What more do you want from me? I'm not that important.

8. Joss

Joss F3 Dabbler

"I think being a pacifist is the toughest position to defend, take’s real courage to continually stand up to the onslaught."

No doubt it is difficult.

Interesting, though, that not many have considered the same level of difficulty applies to being President right now. Maybe some folks see Bush as something less than a man, or human being, and therefore not subject to this. Strange.

9. Joss

Joss F3 Dabbler

I'd like a simple apology, that the comment was dumb and that you meant nothing derogatory.

10. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

I would never accuse someone of being a wife-beater. If that is how the post was interpreted, I'm sorry for my bad choice of slang. OK?

I don't hate GWB. I don't hate anyone. I'm a pacifist, remember?

11. SpongeBob WeaselPants

I agree, I've said the same (sort of). I don't like or trust GW, but I sympathize with his predicament. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't... he's in a no-win situation (partly by choice, but irregardless not an enviable position).

12. SpongeBob WeaselPants

speaking of employment predicaments, how about the newscasters right now? Everybody is watching and nothing is happening. No "hard news" so they have to fill up the broadcast hours with conjecture and what-if scenarios, then we all complain :D

13. timmy

timmy 00 GSXR-750

Re: Re: Re: If the administration's war on Iraq has begun...

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by RSDad
    The answer to the original question I posted has been answered as of 10:49. White House journalist just reported that Rice has left, Cheney has left and Dumbya' has gone to bed. My bet is that Laura is in for a real beating tonight.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

whos the idiot who resorted to name calling the president who obviously will never respond yet you get offended when people call you what they will to your face. or is that just another misinterpretation of your cowardess? oh and how bout you over to iraq and witness the peace that exist there? maybe you'll get a close up look at saddam's shredder

14. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

On his way to the big T. He wants to be there when the Dixie Sluts arrive. Just to tell them... he's ashamed they're from Texas. Oh, and to give them their applications for French citizenship.:)

15. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: If the administration's war on Iraq has begun...

I've added idiot and coward to the list. Thank you.

16. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

It won't, but your question misses the point.

Everyone who supports peace and justice agrees Saddam is a violent and evil man. The pacifist's objection is to the method, not the outcome.

And yes, you strongly disagree with them on methods.

17. Joss

Joss F3 Dabbler

Eric, I'm not trying to put your comments down at all, but the responsibilities facing Bush are a long ways past "Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't..." and light years past the challenges of news crews with no news.

Very few of us ever in our entire lifetimes must make personal decisions that will literally end peoples lives (including those of our own people and innocents on the other side).... and then live with that for the rest of our lives. He has to.

18. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

Nicely said. Thanks for the help.

19. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Can we have a group hug now??? :D :p

20. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

We tried that. Somebody pinched my butt.