1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If the administration's war on Iraq has begun...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Rat, Mar 19, 2003.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Okay, now that is it. I'm retiring from the BBS over that comment!!!!! Group hug? What kind of oppressive, Stalinist, hippy crap is that! Last group hug I was in someone stole my wallet and someone tried to molest my coffee cup. Bunch of sick-o's round here. ;) :D

2. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

It was Dave K because he thought you pinched his first.;)

3. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

I had no intention to compare his job to a newscaster, that's why I put the newsie comment in a second post

4. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

If your wallet is missing, I'd look to one of the greedy multi-national corporate supporting capitalist dogs around here. Us hippies have no need for money and if we do we just panhandle and beg from the self-respecting working people like you. That reminds me - can you float me a few bucks for lunch? :D

5. SpongeBob WeaselPants

and you vowed never to wash the sticky handle :Puke:

6. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

I know I’m slow on the draw today, but I’ve actually been working

RSDad is a decent guy, even though I do not at all agree with his pacifist ideology. I think he is far too idealistic and I’m glad that we have out military to protect us from the truly evil forces that exist in this world.

But. . .

I’m think the war is a bad idea and that the President is not being honest with us about why it is being fought. That being said, I am NOT a Pacifist or even a peacnik – I was for the following wars: Afghanistan, the first Gulf War, the intervention in Bosnia and Somalia and Grenada and Panama. Many of you know this but some (Brad mostly) have called me a traitor, ignorant, and worse simply for stating what I believe is a bad idea.

I resisted answering mad brad’s question because he has no ability to reasonably argue with others and he has no respect for anyone’s opinion (unless they agree with him).

But here is the simple answer to the question –“How will leaving Saddam Hussein in power result in peace and justice?”

Hold your breath. . . Here’s the answer: It won’t. As we all know Saddam is a brutal dictator that should hang for what he has done to the Kurds, the Shiites, his political opponents, the Kuwaitis and the Iranians. Leaving him in power will result in more bloodshed to his own people, at the very least.

The real question is: What is the best way to get rid of Hussein? Or “Is this war now the result of Bush’s best effort to get rid of him?”

I know that some will again call me a traitor but so what? The war has started so let’s focus on the immediate issues at hand..

I do HOPE that our boys and girls kick the shit out of any opposition that the Iraqis put up, that mass surrenders occur immediately, that Iraqis welcome us with open arms, that Bush doesn’t forget the Shiites and the Kurds and Saddam’s political opposition the way his predecessors did (Bush I and Clinton both) that we suffer little or casualties, that no Iraqi civilians are killed and most importantly THAT SADDAM ENDS UP DEAD OR CAPTURED!!!

I’m going to hope for all of the above and enjoy the show. I should have the sattelite FINALLY hooked up tonight!! Even in my worst case scenarios at least Saddam will be caught, so I know there is one thing that I will truely relish!!

Rodger

7. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

Well said Rodger. Not supporting the war (or any war in my case) is not the same as supporting S.H.. I don't know any one who doesn't think that S.H. is a jackass regardless of their ideology. The question is much more complicated than presented and you have stated your position well.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He'd better be able to state his position weel, that's what he gets paid for :D

9. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

Traitors.....

;)

I have a big problem with some of the people on this board attacking people for not agreeing with them (on the war, specially in this case). I truly do not agree with RSDad on this, but that's part of being an American. Not only do you not have to agree with what the goverment does or says, you are allowed to voice your opinion in a public forum. As such there should be a certain amount of respect given to anyone who has a differing view (even if they are wrong! ;) ) Disagree all you want, argue all you want, but as soon as you resort to name calling then your credibility is gone, IMO. I gotta admit, I was waiting for an answer to "THE QUESTION" and I still have never (not just hear) heard a good answer.

At least we all seem to agree that we should support our troops.

(We need a Smilie waving an American Flag! Anyone got one?)

10. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

You must be mistaken, there are too many homophobs around here for that! ;)

11. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Dave, you can call me a LOT of things, but please don't call me that.... :D

Please come out of retirement and be my friend!! ;)

12. Evil Dave K

Evil Dave K Well-Known Member

Nope, he is retired and soon to be forgotten. He spent way too much time here and had WAY too many posts.

And Evil Dave K doesn't need any friends!!! :D

13. mad brad

mad brad Guest

screw madmike, evil daveK is my man!! :D

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

Golly gee, but Idon't get it. I just don't understand.

15. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

[​IMG]

What's going on here? The image tags aren't working.

While I have the floor, what's with Tom Daschole (Not a typo!) and this "Failure of diplomacy" BS? Diplomacy with Hussein? Somebody pimp-slap him!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2003
  16. Johnny B

Apparently thie image tags don't work in "Politics and Religion", but are still OK in "General"

17. SpongeBob WeaselPants

I think he meant failure of diplomacy with other nations, like maybe doing a little schmoozing to sway the UN votes or something. He definately wins the "bad timing" award. Possibly a political gamble: if it blows up in Georgie's face then people will remember him as the outspoken "told-you-so" candidate in 2004. If GW comes out on the good, then Daschy's sunk for sure (not that he had a big chance anyhow)

18. Johnny B

Probably, but either way (With or without the UN) we're at war, so that Daschole's implication that we wouldn't be going to war if diplomacy worked rings a little hollow.