1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ice fishing

Discussion in 'General' started by Scotty87, Nov 26, 2018.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

I ain't messing with no cold holes

SGVRider and Steeltoe like this.
  2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

A local supplier flew a gaggle of us to Minnesota last year for 3 days of fishing, and Fireball was our go to...
    :crackup:

3. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

Spent many days with my buddies up in Michigan growing up ice fishing. Usually perch and walleye. Good eats! Shanty pfffft. Flip over the 5 gallon pale for a seat and get after it!

ChemGuy likes this.
  4. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

You see this Dan gets it....

And if we could have afforded a shanty my frozen ass would have definitely been in one...

dantheman likes this.
  5. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Auger bit hooked to a 18V DeWalt makes for really easy and quick holes. I am also a old school sled box with a Coleman lantern. One time of chasing that shanty across the pond when it was windy. Never do that again.

6. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

What’s this Ice you speak of? Is that the same ice that I use in my sweet yea?

7. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I've paid my dues out on the ice freezing my bag off sitting on a 5gal bucket. Give me a hut (or" shanty" as you yanks call it) now. Although we still "rough it" when we go up north because its too much of a pain in the ass to bring the huts into some of the lakes.

Nothing better than standing out on the ice in a teeshirt and coveralls on a nice day (+2-3), drinking a beer and passing a bottle of warmth around, while jiggin.

8. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

What? This doesn't appeal to you?

WIMP! 15433264827630.jpg 15433264828211.jpg 15433264828732.jpg

9. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

10. Dan Dubeau

Just don't fall in.

ChemGuy likes this.
  11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Hush. Let Darwin play out.

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  12. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

13. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Wait 'till your sleeping in the shack and a pressure crack forms next to it! We "ice fished" a lot, the only upside was you never needed a cooler to keep the beer cold, and it was always ICE effin' cold!

14. Dan Dubeau

We used to do a lot of overnight fishing, and when the sun goes down, and the temps drop it really starts "makin ice". Nothin like standing out on the ice at 2am, and have a crack form between you feet that spreads your legs an inch to keep you awake lol. An awesome experience to bring somebody new to ice fishing along for.....:)

15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Ice fishing sucks, it's taking a fun pastime and making work of it.
    Somehow, cold beer doesn't make up for the cold feet, cold ass, cold fingers, and cold wazoo so shrunk you can barely get ahold of it to pull it out in the freezing cold to take a leak.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Couple bottles of Tuaca and a coffee maker. 1-2 oz of each as a shot.

17. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Sounds like a waste of frozen lake to me. Only one thing it's good for...

[​IMG]

bored&stroked and Sabre699 like this.
  18. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Actually, ice riding is by far a much better use of a frozen lake than hockey(and I like hockey well enough).

SGVRider likes this.
  19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Wait wait wait. Hold da fk up.

You sleep on the gotdamn ice?

It's like the older you get the wiser you get. I've been agreeing with an awful lot of what you have to say lately. :p

20. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Oh sure. I mean if you want to call it sleeping, lights out is lights out. :D Not too worried about 2-3ft of ice. They run ice races with 1/2 bolts for studs on cars. It's warmer in the shack then it is in my home, you're cuddling with a propane tank or a wood stove so it can get hot real quick.