1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think Jorge Lorenzo has a problem.

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Apr 3, 2019.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

When do we get to hear about all of Pedrosa's championships. LOL

2. G 97

G 97 Garth

I don’t know about better. Better is subjective. More accomplished? If using world championships as a measure I would agree, MM is a more accomplished racer then CS.

3. bacolmm

bacolmm Well-Known Member

That's a valid point. Maybe I'm crazy, it just seems to me that there is more variation in JLo's level of performance than a rider like MM, 46, or Dovi. First of all, anytime the track is wet I pretty much count him out. On top of that, even on a dry track it seems like sometimes he's a different rider from week to week. I know there's bike set up, etc, involved but I'm saying compared to other top riders. He's obviously struggled overall the last couple of years finishing 7th in 17 and 9th in 18. There were 3 riders than won more than 1 race in 18, for the season they finished 1st, 2nd, and 9th. On top of that, there's the way JLo won the races he won, I seem to remember him have some very dominating performances. He finished 9th overall, but on a 2 or 3 occasions he not only won the race but he put a beating on the field. The other 16 or so races he didn't even make the podium except once. Not a single racer with a win finished behind him and he not only had a win, he had 3 of them...

Having said all that, I believe it's likely that at some point in the season he'll show up to a race weekend and be really fast in practice, get pole, lead every lap and win the race. He might even do it multiple rounds in a row. Or maybe not...

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

:stupid:

3FE0EE02-A6FF-4E36-BCC9-6F08F0CEB224.jpeg

bacolmm likes this.
  5. Just keep in mind that Lorenzo is the only MotoGP racer who has beaten Rossi, Stoner, and Marquez. No one else can say that.

G 97 likes this.
  6. bacolmm

bacolmm Well-Known Member

Very impressive indeed! - "but when he's completely comfortable he's one of the best."

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

Pslam 46:10

8. Can say that about Rossi, Stoner, Doohan, Rainey, and on and on. As Nigel said earlier - numbers don't lie.

9. Which one is that? Something like, "The Rossi is Godlike, even when he is getting his ass handed to him." Amirite?

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

The more this subject is discussed and debated it becomes even more evident how/when N.H. won his championship. Truly amazing looking back on it, all things considered. He really only had that brief window of opportunity and he got it done. Truly epic. RIP Nickey.

bacolmm and pscook like this.
  11. G 97

G 97 Garth

Plenty of other racers get their “asses handed to them” on a far greater and more frequent basis. :Poke:

BigBird likes this.
  12. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Well a bit of seriousness every now and them is good for the soul.

I used to hate the guy, seriously, but came to realize how amazing on a bike he is.

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

:stupid:

and to add, none have 9 World Championships either, along with a podium finish in the top class when they are 40.

Prospect likes this.
  14. It was a great race for 2nd. Let's see him win at age 40, and we'll all dance in the streets.

BigBird likes this.
  15. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Does anybody ever just watch the damn racing anymore and enjoy it?

I got buddies like that who argue all game long about stats, and players etc while watching a ball game. Faaaack, just STFU and watch the damn game lol

TX Joose, galloway840, JBall and 3 others like this.
  16. This is why he is a MotoGP Legend. He earned that status.

G 97 and bacolmm like this.
  17. Of course.

But this is the stuff that runs the Universe.

BigBird likes this.
  18. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

I'm curious as to how the sport would be greater if everyone just sat quietly, enjoying it while the race was going on and never debated about the relative strengths/weaknesses of the riders, equipment, team management, etc., during the race or afterwards. If nobody was an avid and outspoken fan of any given rider, but only of the sport itself. Would that really be an improvement?

galloway840 likes this.
  19. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Yeah, he was a mid-packer before that. I won't go so far as to say he had at least one or some of his Championships handed to him, but...who was he racing against? A bunch of guys that've been forgotten.

In MM's case, I doubt we'll forget who his competition is/was. In twenty years, the machines and riders will have evolved to even higher standards, making today's heroes like our legends of the 500 era.

20. G 97

G 97 Garth

No way Babe Ruth could hit half as many home runs like he did back in the day.