1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think Jorge Lorenzo has a problem.

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Well he wasn't at the top, and he wasn't at the bottom.......lol

crashman likes this.
  2. BigBird

BigBird blah

NTTAWWT

3. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

What measure would you use to determine who’s better if it’s not championships, especially when both are champions? Terry Bradshaw is my childhood quarterback hero and I always used his rings as saying he was the best (even over Montana) but when Brady surpassed him I can’t make that argument no longer. You measure who is a better champion by who has the most championships and if they have not won a championship then who the better racer isby wins. If you are a millinal then I guess participation trophies are an acceptable measure.....(lol)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
    G 97 and BigBird like this.
  4. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Aleix Espargaro has beaten all of them, so there's that.

5. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Funny thing about this whole conversation is I think the best racer on the whole grid currently is Dovi. Problem is he doesn’t quite have Marquez’s skill (or luck for that matter). Dovi seems to be the only one basically unaffected by Marquez’s rising style. But he just doesnt seem to have the ability to just clear off from the pack on occasion and always has at least a couple “rough” weekends. Not to mention probably some of the worst luck with mechanicals and getting taken out by other riders and such. But when he’s on his game and can match Marquez’s pace he’s a better racer.

6. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

I can't wait to bump this thread in a few weeks. The guy came into quenatino's team and won a championship. He's going to be the biggest threat to MM by 1/3 season. Jmmfho

7. crazymofo

crazymofo Then i was like...Braaap!

Im looking forward to seeing him at the euro tracks on the honda.

Im a jlo fan, but i just dont see him being a week in week out championship contender this year. Still, i think jerez, mugello, le mans, sepang and catalunya will be all strong probable wins for jlo

8. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

To jump back 7 pages, IF Jorge has had traumatic brain injuries, his helmet sponsors are going to want to keep that quiet...

With that said, modern high dollar helmets are pretty amazing.

stk0308 likes this.
  9. BigBird

BigBird blah

he's had like 4 different manufacturers already, so can't really pinpoint any one mfg really.

EDIT: NZi, X-Lite, HJC, and Shark

10. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

I fairly certain he was talking in terms of championships and not one race

HPPT likes this.
  12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

He has missed competition due to "severe concussion" in the past.

Then you have the vast number of investors and interests who benefit by him being on that bike. Plus he is a GP racer. They aren't known for making smart health decisions.

13. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

There is no try. I did. :D
    But, yeah, you got me.
    I haven't researched it myself in any detail, having always been under the impression his "greatness" came after those other hacks quit the show. Only ever gave Doohan's truth, which showed me few names with a legacy worth remembering, a cursory glance. Any truth where the hacks of greatness are included might as well have been DNFs for them, as far as I'm concerned.
    Short of the grit Doohan exhibited throughout his abject injuries, he and any other rider from his era just never clicked with me.
    My "uneducated" opinion is...the hacks you mentioned were the end of an era that started Doohan's GP career. Honda turned it into his own show.
    Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.

14. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

So.... Stoner is faster, MM is a better racer, and they're equally fast. Makes total sense.

15. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I seem to have missed that stuff from you.
    Wait. There was this:
    "On a separate note, if you think Marquez is better than Stoner then GTFO :D"

With analysis like that, who could argue? :D

16. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

But you're mistaken sire, that is no analysis. It is merely a statement of zeal backed by my educated opinion you adulate so much :D

17. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I'd adulate it fine if I could find it.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think he was talking MotoGP championships, not the occasional practice session. :D

Facts are not welcomed in these discussions. Don't forget that you're dealing with the Costanzas of the world. "Remember, Jerry: it's true if you believe it." :D

SpeedyE, I'm with Stupid and crashman like this.
  19. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

If memory serves me, Lorenzo is the only teammate Rossi has had that won a title (in the same team). Vinales and Lorenzo are the only teammates of Rossi that have beaten him in the final standings.

20. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

He said "MotoGP racer" to which I took to mean CURRENT racer so left Dani off the list, if we go through non-current as well than the list grows a LOT.

Clearly he just said "beaten by" so I made the point that Aleix has beaten them in races (NOT by winning the title of course).

:)