1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think Jorge Lorenzo has a problem.

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I'm wondering if some of those licks he has taken are affecting him. He's not as sharp as he used to be. Head trauma maybe? He had that bizarre jump start a few years ago and this last time he left his pit limiter on. Add in the little things in between like his mood swings, odd comments and the like. It's totally possible his bell was rung one too many times. Who is tracking this sort of thing for these guys?

You simply cannot do this and not suffer for it later.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

SpeedyE and Phl218 like this.
  2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Maybe he needs a spoiler on his helmet to keep his head from hitting the ground first.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Add in the little things in between like his mood swings, odd comments and the like. It's totally possible his bell was rung one too many times.

I have all that including the odd comments and I'm f@ckin' fine. And dead sexy.

Maybe he's just a dick?

969, ShadowBoxer and joec like this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think his problem is when the bike isn't right he loses focus on everything else.

5. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

This was me last weekend with my riding boots tried my new TCX and I couldn't feel anything and my feet kept sliding off the rear sets. changed boots and dropped 1.5 secs the next session. Crazy how shit works. I guess he just needs to set the bike up perfect so he doesn't have to think ....just ride.

Phl218 likes this.
  6. BigBird

BigBird blah

he had a sports psychologist early in his MotoGP career, so don't think concussions made him like this, he's just who he is. [​IMG]

7. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

These guys have to operate at a level of focus that is unparalleled by any other sport in my opinion.
    I don't think you can win a race, let alone two consecutive races if he has some problem that is affecting his cognitive abilities.
    I think it's just bad luck.

418, cav115, outtacontrol and 3 others like this.
  8. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I've had a earplug come loose and fuck up that whole session...

sdiver, SpeedyE, 418 and 1 other person like this.
  10. BigBird

BigBird blah

didn't JL lose a stomp-grip and he got lost in the pack after

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Well....apparently he can't tell the difference between the Launch and Pit Limiter buttons on his handlebar unfortunately.

I think Honda is going to come to regret giving him a 2 year contract.

12. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Doubt it. He'll come around. I'm gonna go out a limb and say he's on the box in Mugello, maybe even top step. Once he's all healed up he'll be up there for sure.

awalk9905 and cav115 like this.
  13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

He'll win races this year. Honder will be happy happy.

awalk9905 and cav115 like this.
  14. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

That was a classic press conference.... "So, Jorge- how many dicks do you like in you at a time?"

15. bacolmm

bacolmm Well-Known Member

He's horrible at dealing with adversity, but when he's completely comfortable he's one of the best.

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

pretty much that can be said of most people, but racers are supposed to deal with the unexpected like always. Maybe why MV2512 sucks also then?

17. bacolmm

I'd say that Stoner was one of the best at being able to ride around issues and still go fast on a far less than optimal package. I have a feeling that MM has a bit of that as well as he seems to be very good at pushing a bike to the absolute limit.

chickenpants likes this.
  18. BigBird

BigBird blah

i would agree, but I think MM93 is even better than Stoner in that regard. I always remember that Moto2 race where he had to start in the back after crashing his bike, and worked his way up to spank the rest of the field. That was some real championship caliber riding

19. bacolmm

MM was certainly flexing his muscles during the last round. I'm not sure I can disagree, with the difference being that Stoner spent so much time running at the front on a bike that no one else could. I read a Spies interview where he said that sometimes when Stoner came by he couldn't wrap his mind around how he was making that bike do things it clearly didn't want to do...

SpeedyE likes this.
  20. BigBird

BigBird blah

MM93's teammates ,almost in any class or year, hasn't really done well on similar equipment either, and he's won way more championships than stoner and in every category he's been in.