1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

My bedside gun is an FN 509 tactical loaded with 147gr HSTs and a suppressor (holosun red dot and olight as well). If you use subsonic ammo, it's a great experience. If you do 124 or 115gr, it's considerably louder, though I'd say it's about like a 22lr rifle. I can walk out on the back porch and shoot it, and the neighbors will think I'm just hammering something. That's exactly about what it sounds like. Not "quiet", but EASILY no earpro quiet.

2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

There's some that say - suppressed isn't good for HD because you want the intruder's buddies, and your neighbors, to know you're shooting at something going bump in the night.
    There are others that say - I want to keep my hearing and fuck the intruder...he's getting a shallow burial in the woods.

Just sayin'.

3. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I don't give a rats ass about neighbors. It is about my hearing AND a suppressor takes away a massive amount of felt recoil. Follow up shots become more accurate. While I do live in a neighborhood, I also live in the country and my neighbors are spread out. I highly doubt anyone would notice the sound of a gun shot inside, and it'd take around 15+ minutes for any county deputies to get to me.

4. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

I have 3 Silencerco Omegas on G17/G19's. 1 in a nightstand safe, 1 in the office, 3rd in my Everday carry bag.

Steak Travis likes this.
  5. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Any sights or barrel you prefer? This is basically going to be a HD gun and putting down hogs

6. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Paper is running a year right now and the ATF said efiles wouldn’t jump the line. That said they obviously have started running efiles but I think the bulk of their resources is still working on doing paper forms to catch up. The suppressor companies are acting like 90 or less is the norm to drive up sales but it’s not reality. So if luck is on your side it may come in sooner. I’ve heard some have come back in a month. I have 3 efiles that have passed the 120 day time frame and just received a batch approval of 3 with a span of 5 to 7 months. So it’s really a crap shoot right now. Good luck.

7. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

In my experience, once you get to Aero level, it starts becoming a diminishing return on tolerances/fitment from there up. Keep in mind Aero makes a lot of the lowers for the higher tier brands. Definitely some steep drop offs below Aero but when it comes to lowers, Aero is pretty damn close to as good as it gets. Don’t get me wrong, I have guns from knights armament, LMT, and a couple of other high end brands. But some parts it just doesn’t make a huge difference. And lowers are one of them.

8. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I'm officially past one year since my check was cashed, still in jail. I'm hearing the avg is up to 16 months. What a F'ING joke. Hoping e-file changes things. I might consider another if they start averaging 3 months.

9. Steak Travis

Yeah this will be an efile. Mine have never been quick so we’ll see. If I can have it by Jan that’d be cool

10. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I like quiet. Anyone hearing likely won’t matter. Event will be over before anyone can respond anyway. Don’t care so much about my hearing as it’s already kinda fucked but my wife and kid are a different story. Plus, I need them to hear me if I’m giving commands. Kinda hard to do that with blown ear drums or if my gun triggers auditory exclusion.

11. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I'm also of the suppressed opinion. I do NOT want to hear shit goin' bang and reverberating off walls in close proximity.
    Already have substantial loss and tinnitus in my right ear anyway. Why make it worse, or lose it altogether?

Steak Travis likes this.
  12. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Many people don’t have the means to suppress for home defense but if you can I highly suggest it. You don’t want to be flash banging yourself.

13. sandboxshooter

sandboxshooter Well-Known Member

Canix TP9 Elite SC. Any Canik. Triggers as awesome or awesomer straight out the box than the CZs. And comes from factory with Kydex holster, 12 & 15 round mag, bore brush and rod in the case.

Jedb likes this.
  14. Steak Travis

E-File went in yesterday, Jagerwerks has the Slide for an RMR cut, SilencerCo 9mm threaded barrel has arrived. We'll see how long it takes for the slide and suppressor to get back and will have a fun little space blaster

15. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

I'm 4 months in on one e-file and approaching month 4 on the second e-file.

90 days my ass.

16. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

well it beats paper. I'm 330 days into my last submission. Will probably order another by the end of the summer.

17. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Mine was finally released from jail earlier this week. That was a long ass 13 months.

18. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

bump.....................................................................:p

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Time for a whole lotta folks to go EDC shopping soon....

[​IMG]

britx303 likes this.
  20. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

This country’s great because, when the rest of the world tried to bully us into using the metric system, we said “yeah sure” - but only for bullets.

:D :D :D