1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

What is some thoughts the Steyer Aug? I have a chance to snag a new one at cost of my ffl.

2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Someone beat me to the punch and bought the Canik Rival Friday. Which is fine. I need to keep my focus on getting equipped for trying PRS. It looks like a ton of fun. Still want a precision .308 as well as the Bad Rock 6.5 Creedmore.

3. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I think your money is safe if you can get it at cost. Marylanders can’t buy them anymore but with my ffl I could and leave it in the companies name. But bullpups don’t fit me very well. I’ve almost bought that gun every year for the last 15 or so but I know it’ll just be a safe queen.

4. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

The aug suppressed with a thermal could be a cool truck hog gun but my SBR does that job too and I got my 5520 or whatever it is that allows me to move it to the new house in atl

5. assjuice cyrus

I'm sure it will be a safe queen not scared to admit that. But it's just so cool. I was kinda surprised about the feel. It just felt cheap with all the plastic. But for some reason I still want one.

6. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Have you looked at a Beretta Cx4Storm? Probably the same cheap feel but dead nuts accurate. The trigger kinda sucks, but there's a fix.
    The cool thing about the trigger fix (US made) is that takes one imported item off the list of 10 things needed to import it or some shit, meaning you can get the barrel threaded.

7. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Runs 100% with CCI 38gr LRN Blazers, 200 rounds of that so far today. CCI mini mags are the top recommended from AA, but every mag had either 1 or 2 FTF’s or eject. After 100 rounds of that we switched back to the blazers. No regerts getting this kit! Will just keep a stock of those blazers for it and blast away. Apparently sanding a little material off the mag feed lips helps the FTF/E issues these have and enables shooters to use even the not recommended ammo just fine. Go for it if and when you can.

Saiyan66 likes this.
  8. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

Thanks for the update. I will be doing this very soon for the kids.

britx303 likes this.
  9. britx303

My daughter liked it immediately after her first shot, then proceeded to go through several mags. Fits the bill perfectly for our crew of “new to pistol” shooters.

10. britx303

Did a cleaning and lubing this morning, went back to the range and the CCI minimags now worked 100% for 200+ rounds. Against AA’s recommendation, I Tried the cheap Wally World white box Winchester 32gr hollow points just to see, and it worked fine for almost 30 rounds before just being a pain if you loaded the mags more than 5 rounds, but nice to know it will at least minimally handle it.

11. assjuice cyrus

No I havent ever seen one of those. I just looked it up and that one might just get put on the this also. Never shoot any Breretta before.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I love my Berettas. Way more accurate than I am :D

DucatiBomber and assjuice cyrus like this.
  13. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I think you need some help with the hogs. I'll be happy to fill that roll.

Where did you guys end up in ATL?

sanee likes this.
  14. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

91FC164C-DF1B-4DA4-8B83-7A3DA0CA14AC.jpeg Was down in NC this weekend. Probably our 10th trip to the same area. We saw hogs but couldn’t get to them in time. Second night was a shut out. Still great to get away. This was taken while we were waiting for the field to come alive.

Steak Travis likes this.
  15. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

West Highlands over by the reservoir . Bunch of brewery's over here and not too far from the airport. Seems like a decent spot for now.

16. assjuice cyrus

Good thing you weren't packing a Beretta this weekend. Might have been some wounded people limping around gratton.:crackup::crackup:

17. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Shoot, you're in staggering distance from me. I'm farther north on DeFoors.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I was and everyone was fine at Grattan :D

assjuice cyrus and Sabre699 like this.
  19. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I just got this today,
    [​IMG]
    It is a Bul Armory Cherokee compact. Polymer framed 9mm made in Israel clone of the CZ 75. It was on one of the local online auction sites and I threw a real lowball bid at it last night and ended up with it. I don't really like striker fired pistols, so I appreciate the hammer. We will see how it does at the range. It looks like the going rate is about $375 - 400 listed on the online gun stores and I got it for a little more than half of that, new in the box. Seems like I got a pretty good deal. If I like it I might have to move the Taurus G2C along to a new home with somebody else.

Sabre699 and RRP like this.
  20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Who has a Sig MCX or Virtus? Waddya think of it?