1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Well, I went ahead a snagged one. :D

Attached Files:

Steeltoe, RonR, Clay and 1 other person like this.
  2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Nice! France ain’t got nothin’ on us :D

3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Hope it shoots better than it looks.
    Not to offend but that is one fugly piece.

sanee and britx303 like this.
  4. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

It has feelings you know...:D

Sabre699 likes this.
  5. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I agree its kinda fugly............but ugly guns are better than no guns. #UglyGunsMatter:D

Sabre699 likes this.
  6. Evad101

Evad101 Well-Known Member

There is a local Auction House that has an auction coming up with 800+ guns from a private collector.

http://murphyauction.com/Auction/Details/8501 (Pictures will be up in a week or so probably)

I have been to a number of these auctions from them and they are legit. This one would be online but I am willing to help out a fellow BB'er if you want to bid/buy something list.

Send me a DM if you are interested.

7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Deleted message?

8. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Nope.. not clicking that link!

9. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

The Gorilla's cleaning out his cage?
    Say it ain't so...

Gorilla George and Nick_OMC like this.
  10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

When the dude from GunBlast passed away his wife did a walk through of his collection before it went to auction. Twas epic.

11. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

How would they handle out of state purchases? They'd have to be shipped to an FFL, so wondering if they're setup for that.

12. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I would imagine an auction house that sells guns routinely is already an FFL and would have the capabilities to ship to an FFL.

Clay likes this.
  13. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

makes me feel not so bad about my "collection". Dude had a serious like for Winchester Model 12's. 5 Colt Woodsmans? and a few revolvers. :bow:

14. Evad101

Evad101 Well-Known Member

They are actually not an FFL but they use a local gun shop for the FFL transfers.

At the past ones, most purchases were local and thus picked up directly. I am not sure if they will ship these though I imagine the gun shop handling the FFl transfers would ship them for you at a cost as that is where the guns are located. They would probably send to your local FFL but I'd check with the Auction house.

15. Chango

Chango Something clever!

And the wait begins...

Form 4 submitted today. Because reasons. And I felt like it. The gun shop says they've been getting stuff back in 2-3 months since e-file started, but I can use it at their range until then.

Also, having assembled my first two AR lowers in the past month, I now know that there is indeed a difference between "budget conscious" (cheap) lowers and parts kits and slightly better lowers and parts kits. Presumably there is another level of difference between the Aero Precision I slapped together this afternoon and a full Gucci-level lower, but I did slip a Geissele trigger into this one, so I'll call it even.

16. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

These quick wait times got me thinking. Anyone have a suppressor on their pistol? Thinking about one for the Glock 19. I rarely shoot it but could be fun, but seems like a lot to get going. New barrel, new sights, suppressor, stamp, and piston for the Silencerco. Gimmicky or worthwhile.

I have a suppressor on a 22 which is fun but I rarely bring that thing out

Wingnut likes this.
  17. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Can't make this up. . .texts going on in the last hour. . .

Screenshot 2022-05-28 at 2.00.17 PM.jpg

So, been doing a healthy amount of research on this subject recently (just picked up a scorpion yesterday, got a Stribog A3sp9S coming in today to my FFL and there have been two other PCC's that I've already got in last couple of months). Just had to get my online certs done yesterday with the ATF on a Rugged Obsidian 45 and Silencerco hybrid 46 that I just recently efiled. Compared to the past - it's STUPID easy to do the paper work - you'll still get pissed about the stamps, the hoops and wait times, but it is what it is in that regard. Everything else that they could speed up is sped up. 9mm's have different thread pitches than 45's so even though I can use the 45 can on the 9mm, going to have to get a piston for it (personally, I'm probably going to get another Obsidian 45 and see if they can switch out the pistons before shipping it so I don't have two 45 pistons and then have to buy a 9mm one (plan is to dedicate suppress most of the PCCs and then run the Hybrid 46 on the rifles with the ASR mounts and brakes until I figure out what I want to do with them). The good part is that Rugged supposedly will take Silencerco Alpha mounts so I put silencerco brakes on the PCC's for now to give me time to figure out my next moves).

My honest take is that on pistols - gimmicky; PCC's, for me, mandatory; I don't like how you have to direct thread pistols (and then should check after every mag to make sure it's not walking off). . .you're also adding some weight to the end of the pistol, which you feel alot more than on a PCC. The ONLY reason I just bought that CZ P07 is because for the price (with a threaded barrel and suppressor sights already on it) the fact it's a CZ and I love CZ pistols, and that I just picked up a Canik Mete which has blown me away, I wanted to get a second poly gun of my preferred brand to compare to the Canik (SA/DA vs Striker, but the Canik's trigger is so good, that shouldnt matter much).

If I had to get a barrel, sights, piston - and the can I was using was only going to be used on it - don't think I would do it. But since you can use the same cans on PCC's; I've been looking at pistols more and more as suppressor hosts. I got the CZ first because I know I'll like it suppressed or not. The other one I was looking at was the Canik Combat Elite. Most likely with get a threaded barrel for my 1911 (but leave the sights alone). The only unknown for me is if I'm going to really care about using subs vs supers (bought a brick of subs recently just to start preparing for when the cans get out of jail).

Just my .02. Curious to see what other's experiences have been and what considerations they take into account.

18. Steak Travis

walked into shop near my house and they had the silencerco 9 I was looking at and the correct piston in stock so I said what the hell let’s do it. We’ll see how long it takes to get back from the atf

19. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Nice....big fan of of "fuck it, lets see what happens"....

Getting the parts for the glock or using it as an excuse to get something else?:D

20. Steak Travis

hmmmmmmm probably just gonna go with the Glock barrel for now. Gonna plink with it and see if I get to get a RDS or just a suppressor ready something