1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I almost like Lorenzo now....

Discussion in 'General' started by boccarp, Aug 12, 2018.

1. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Pics of said helmets??

2. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

IMG_3836.PNG Here you go...

XFBO, JJJerry, JBall and 9 others like this.
  3. crazymofo

crazymofo Then i was like...Braaap!

Always been a fan of his. right from the 250 days, dudes a beast when he wants to be. Love his precision riding. Seems like a nice bloke away from the track too.

4. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I’ve always liked JLo. Besides making every other rider look stupid when he lays down the butter hammer, I actually like his personality. Dude says and does what the fuck he wants with total conviction and never stops working to get where he wants to be. He’s temperamental and sure as shit not charming and he’s not a good little friendly media robot. He goes crazy and throws fits. He has an actual fucking personality (just not a particularly pleasant one). He’s probably the most relateable guy on the grid.

Jorge is going to win Qatar 2019. I don’t think he’s going to seriously threaten the championship in 2019, but he’ll keep Marquez honest for race wins. I’ll put him down for 3-5 wins, but an equal number of horrible days too. However his horrible days on the Honda will be 5th-10th not like his horrible days on the Ducati where he’s been 10th to 15th.

Marquez is crushing everyone not because he wins every race, but because he finally learned to use his brain most days and his bad days he finished 2nd or 3rd. Everyone else has bad days where they’re down in Tito Rabat or Abraham territory. Poor Maverick looks like he wants to drown himself.

track wagon likes this.
  5. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Can't understand how Yamaha got so lost that they had to apologize.

track wagon likes this.
  6. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

I have to throw my hat into this ring. I was a Jorge fan before he went full retard. To be fair I probably would have done the same at his age with the success that he earned.

As a huge Honda fan I need to be ok with him, which has slowly been happening ever since he started silencing the haters on that Ducati.

Still not a fan, per se, but neither am I a fan of Marquez. I do like watching both of them ride, however. I also like watching Honda win.

7. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

What's so special about his butler, even Nicky had one....

8. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Seriously? Lorenzo left, and the bike went to hell, comparatively.

Lin Jarvis: "Guys, we're sorry we let George leave. Sorry beyond belief. And Maverick, nothing personal."

track wagon, scottn and Phl218 like this.
  9. boccarp

boccarp Well-Known Member

I just want to hear Marquez piss and moan about his teammate getting all the "good parts".

Phl218 likes this.
  10. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I don't understand some of the JL99 hate out there. I've never interpreted him as whining. He has told it like it is and often in a calm, concise way. His riding style is incredibly precise and I have personally seen very, very few instances of him riding too aggressive against others. His passes almost always are very clean. Yesterday's race was very good at the end. JL99 and MM93 touched a few times but nothing I would consider rough. I sort of expected MM93 to torpedo JL99 at some point in time. If the points were closer I bet he would have.

Metalhead and Boman Forklift like this.
  11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Always and forever.......

[​IMG]

Razr likes this.
  12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

You have to admit.....it was rather hilarious when Marquez punted him out of his own corner that was just named after him earlier that weekend. :crackup:

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    Razr likes this.
  13. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Haven't you been listening.? The entire MotoGP world has known he "lacks toughness" and for his entire career can only run at the front. Well, apart from the last few races, upon which the entire MotoGP world is now surprised.

crazymofo likes this.
  14. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

"The Chinese man who made the apologies to you because the Yamaha is mierda is confused. The Yamaha is not mierda because I development it to be not mierda, just as I have development the Ducati to be not mierda. It is the same way I will development the Repsol when I become the Repsol, because the Repsol is also mierda until I development it."

From the latest one:
    https://www.bikeme.tv/index.php/you...grease-through-the-broken-anus-of-the-losers/

15. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

I've never liked J-Lo and never will.
    As a matter of fact , I'm placing a " Sete" curse on him and he will never win another race once he is off the Duc .... Butter fans , enjoy the rest of the season . :beer: :D

16. pkaustin

pkaustin Well-Known Member

When Lorenzo was struggling early last season, some on the beeb pegged him as being mentally destroyed, and that he'd never win another race, etc...

He's also looking pretty comfy now in mixed conditions. :D

17. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

This thread is pure enjoyment.

Japs that are busting their ass for rice balls. Going "full retard" in a thread with an autistic girl that "had" autism - not sure you just walk off autism.

Any who, he might not be the best personality but it's always good to have someone like Jorge fighting for wins. We're pretty lucky to see this many riders be able to win any weekend.

aaronson and track wagon like this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Never happen. This Ducati isn't remotely what Rossi had to ride, the only rider able to somewhat ride that version was Stoner and even he ran away from it :D

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Most of his final race on that were wins. But details… :D

Robby-Bobby and Phl218 like this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They were indeed - doesn't change he got away from it to something better :D