1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I almost like Lorenzo now....

Discussion in 'General' started by boccarp, Aug 12, 2018.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The point here is that it was enough to win on, even if there was better.

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It was enough for Stoner yes, no one else could pull it off. With this version even Dovi won what, 7 times last season?

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think Rossi would rather be compared to Stoner than to Dovizioso (with all due respect) when it comes to determining the pecking order in the past 10-15 years. I seriously doubt that he ever thought "even Dovi can't win on this" to feel better during those two years. Just my opinion.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

My only point was in response to the comment about winning on the current Duc making Jorge now a GOAT. Him winning on this package isn't something you can compare to Rossi not winning on the old one. Nothing to do with Rossi bragging how he could or Stoner doing it or any of the other shit people want to argue about.

As for Dovi you're kind of helping prove my point, no one looks at him as being a super great Stoner level rider, so if he's winning it proves the bike is a lot better :D

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Or it says something about their relative abilities to develop a bike as the lead rider for Ducati. :D

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You're stretching on that one a whole bunch :D

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

It says everything about Gigi's ability to turn a shit pile into a gem.

XFBO, Ra.Ge. Raptor, pscook and 2 others like this.
  8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Thanks for agreeing with me. Tell Mongo who made it a shit pile. :crackup:

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Who can even remember his name? Audi stepped in and canned him then he disappeared. Health reasons or Italian mafia not sure.
    In any case he was the Boss. Ultimate responsibility lands squarely in his lap. He was the guy in charge.

[​IMG]

Ra.Ge. Raptor likes this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think that's the guy who designed the bikes Stoner won all those races with. :D

Robby-Bobby, masshole and 418 like this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm really confused now - what are you arguing? I know who made it work and I know Stoner could ride it when no one else could and I know Rossi couldn't fix it no matter what the Uccios or his ego thought.

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I think that guy got lucky he had the one rider who could win on it. And Casey butted heads with him over the bike.

Who was the last team manager you heard of being fired? Ever? Not just fired but removed completely from the racing program.

ETA: Oh wait, I just remembered Jeremy Burgess o_O Hmm, maybe all this is Rossi's fault. :p

XFBO likes this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The Honda guy, a couple of years ago?

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The moral of the story is -

Casey Stoner > Valentino Rossi.

Robby-Bobby and eggfooyoung like this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

On the old Ducati - absolutely.

16. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

You promised me a map ... send me one to your house :eek: :D

17. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Stoner didn't really like the Ducati back then. He said the front lacked feeling and feedback. He simply ignored that and rode the hell out of it. Nicky and Rossi couldn't ride past that. I knew when Ducati stole Gigi away from Aprilia things would change in a big positive way regarding the handling.

XFBO and Phl218 like this.
  18. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

That wont ever happen!!

19. 418

418 Expert #59

For those who forgot...

images (7).jpeg

I rest my case.

Razr likes this.
  20. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Where is that thread "George will never win another race"? I was a huge fan cause he rode Yamaha and the Ducati was so un-rideable at the time I agreed. Well, I have to eat crow now just like so many of you who were thinking the same thing. "Takes balls to switch manufacturers" Wasnt that what Rossi said? Rossi eating some crow right now too! Haha. I was hoping JL would re-sign to that Petronas Yamaha for 2019. He would have given the Movistar Yamahas fits too. JL is very driven right now and its great that the Italian team is supporting him 100% to finish strong season. 1-2 crashes for MM and these season could blow right open. If he keeps pushing Marquez you never know. I just love seeing someone else win right now since my bluCrew has lost their way. Hopefully they can bounce back in 2019.