1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I almost like Lorenzo now....

Discussion in 'General' started by boccarp, Aug 12, 2018.

1. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

He was never exciting (to me) to watch on the Yamaha. Yeah he was fast, smooth... but boring to watch. He'd clear off at the front, and then we'd watch the race for 2nd.

I've come around as a fan because he's fun to watch now. He's adding excitement where there wouldn't be any if he was back in 12th.

2. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I have absolutely nothing to base it on, but I have a feeling Marc will get another DNF or 2. Unfortunately the little bastard has been using his brain lately and keeping the red mist under control, but I still think he’s going to throw it down the road somehow. I think Marc can still be goaded into doing stupid shit if you play the “let’s use each other as berms” game with him. I want to see Rins up front giving it to Marc, Alex has some huge balls but also brains. That dude could be a championship contender if that Suzuki ever works well enough. I give him a better shot than Maverick.

speedluvn likes this.
  3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Only 12 points behind Rosie...

"Dear god, please make him a bird,
    So he can fly, far far ahead of the 46,"

Lawn Dart likes this.
  4. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I have to admit Viñales has been a disappointment. Yamaha need a new top rider.

BigBird likes this.
  5. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I think Vinales is a great rider, but needs someone else to develop it for him as he doesnt have the experience. Thats why you have a mix of senior and junior riders on a team. Last year MV won 3-4 races in the beginning of the year. Raw talent, but now we are seeing he is a bit of a drama queen also. I think he could win with a better bike. Yamaha wont give up on him until end of 2019. Yamahas bike is just not competitive enough to fight to win, MV is not experienced enough to ride around the bike problems. Rossi just finds a way, or gives enough feedback to make subtle changes to minimize the damage.

6. maslov

maslov Well-Known Member

Not my favorite rider, but you do have to admire his discipline and work ethic... he wines a lot, but he also delivers results.

7. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

If I were Vinales I would be throwing a fit as well. Yamaha fucking up the bike is lowering his stock value. He's better than the results he is producing and Yamaha bears more of that responsibility than Mav IMO.

Imagine being one of the greatest traveling salesman in the world, but your company gives you an 89 honda civic that breaks down every other day. When you bring this up to management are you a drama queen or someone who expects the resources to get shit done?

8. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Your case needs a lot of work.

(You wish you could sport that. :Poke:)

9. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Make it two.:mad:

motoracer1100 likes this.
  10. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

If only he had an experienced teammate..... oh wait. :D

11. Phl218

Phl218 .

That gp18 is a bit different than the
    :stupid:

12. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

14. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

While this is true and also true of some of the other mfgs. (Yamaha), Ducati sounds like a jilted girlfriend here.

BigBird likes this.
  15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

BigBird, Robby-Bobby and Lawn Dart like this.
  16. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Yep, agreed.

17. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Didn't they also make a comment that they would never payout like they did for Rossi and Lorenzo again?

If Lorenzo beats Marc on the Honda, could we see him make a switch to Ducati? Will Ducati be willing to pay $$$$$$ for Marc?

18. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Let me consult the Magic 8 ball, what's this? Who the fock knows. :p

BigBird and 600 dbl are like this.
  19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If Marquez decided to go to Ducati and Philip Morris happened to pull the sponsorship that same year, Ducati would borrow $20 million a year at 30% from Italian mob if they had to.

20. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Lorenzo will do fine at Honda and I suspect him and marc will put on a few good shows next year. probably go 1, 2 in the standings.

Really wish Dovi could back to his form from last year. I think hes actually had worse luck in the past couple years than pedrosa ever has.

Petrux will make some good showings on the duc. Ive been saying for a while I wanted to see him on a factory bike.

Really wish Zarco could've gone to Yamaha next year in mavs place. But I suppose contracts have a way of getting in the way. Who knows, KTM has red bull money so maybe they'll get that bike competitive eventually and zarco will be back at the front. Although I find it more likely that his career will die at KTM.