1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hows about a what do you bring to the track thread?

Discussion in 'General' started by timmy, Jan 5, 2002.

1. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

I had a spare bike. But I never took it to the track with me. That was useless.

2. 3-dave

3-dave Well-Known Member

i am starting to bring a set of jumper cables so when i kill the battery in the truck from playing the radio all day, i can still drive home...

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You need to get her to come to the track and teach Yogurt - the boss lady would be into it [​IMG]

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Same here but it's usually from forgetting to unplug the 12v cooler....

5. gsxracerbenny

gsxracerbenny Well-Known Member

AHHHH just bring the cardboard cutouts of umbrella girls..... always a hit. I see alot of reference to beer in the pits in this board... mongo, what is the policy anyway? my last org was zero tolerance... do i dare dream?????

6. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

SubDudes policy was "no one in leathers." If you're done for the day, remove the leathers and crack one. Putnam park is in a dry county, not supposed to be any alcohol at the track, but I think it's a policy of drinking is okay if you "act sane," but when does a beer bring on sanity???

it always amazes me, the guys who get really wasted on Sat nite, come in hung-over on Sunday, and CRASH... maybe those reflexes a little slow? judgement a little skewed?

[This message has been edited by Eric (edited 01-05-2002).]

7. SpongeBob WeaselPants

Ever try to find a quiet place at the track to meditate??? Ain't gonna happen, even with ear plugs [​IMG]

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

WERA's semi-official beer policy was the not in leathers but most tracks have gone to nothing until the last race/practice is done for the day so we're leaning much more that way. Which works for me since I don't feel it's fair for the racers etc... to get a jump on the cornerworkers and officials [​IMG] Spectators of course don't count.

Just make sure to keep people with you from wandering around drinking in your pits and if they want to go spectate and have a beer double check the track rules.

Eric - the boss lady could make the bike be quiet if whe really wants to [​IMG] I actually can come closer to meditating with bikes in the background than with no noise.

9. SpongeBob WeaselPants

POWER!!! I'm following her around from now on... [​IMG]

10. Bad Iguana

Bad Iguana Well-Known Member

Well, the she-iguana is, in fact, a certified yoga instructor, and also a yoga therapist. She refused to come to the track at all until the last track day at Talladega when she did come with me, but initially refused to watch. She finally caved in and watched 2 sessions and was impressed that I seemed to be more in control of the motorcycle than it was in control of me. (If I can fool her, I can fool anybody [​IMG] - maybe that's why you guys offered me that expert upgrade) She said she would come again, if it was close and she wasn't already scheduled for a yoga workshop. So if there is a group who are interested and the track is within 4 hours of Lascassas (just south of Nashville), I might be able to talk her into it. After all the whining I've heard from racers half my age about how stiff they are, we might consider making participation mandatory [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. NewRacer

NewRacer Tina! Come get some ham!

You dont know the Nicoloff crew then do ya?

[​IMG]

Hey Eric dont you want to come go-karting? email me....

12. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

I learned a valuable lesson about boozin' it up and racing once. At ROC in '97 I went out that Friday(Halloween). We got so trashed. The next day I started on the third row in my race. Had a legitimate shot of running up front. Once I got on the banking I couldn't hold it wide open. Thought I was gonna puke. I was so disappointed finishing like 33rd or something. Never again! Was a good night out even we did get kicked out of Razzles(Thanks Pacella).

13. Laurie Acree

Laurie Acree Well-Known Member

As in Rich Pacella?

Yoga at the track? I would love to have a Yoga classs at the track. That is up there with a track side massage. If you can talk her into it Bad Iguana let us know.

14. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Yes [​IMG]

15. Laurie Acree

Laurie Acree Well-Known Member

Do you still talk with Rich? If so, please tell him hello for me.

16. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

No, haven't seen 'em in a while.

17. kasey ray

kasey ray k-raycing

HEY! I think i remember that night! just not much of the next day. i had a cast on my arm, so what did i care?

18. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Still remember the "chickin' dance" vividly [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by Ex CCS Racer (edited 01-05-2002).]

19. kasey ray

kasey ray k-raycing

sadly, I don't !

20. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Get your brother to show you. Makes me laugh just thinking about it [​IMG]